the Rift

[OPEN] she'll raise you right, child (anyone!)

Aurelia Posts: 307
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 7 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
baylee
I've just birthed two foals, yes. I am beyond tired, but I won't slack off onc being a mom. Slaking is not one of my traits, and I won't try to make it one of them. I like myself just as I am. The birthing of my children Ryuu and Fae made me look at the world differently. I know now that my bottom half can be used for a lot more than emptying my bladder. I haven't changed that much, though.

I am ripped violently from my thoughts when I hear the alto wail of my daughter, Fae. She is squeeling not exactly from pain, but rather a childish joy. She is basically prancing circles around me. She has just seen another large chunk of glass she gets to trot over like a pole laid flat on the ground. Shilva, crawling rebelliously on the floor, now refuses to hop up onto my head and just enjoy the ride. She actually likes to crawl. I guess I won't refuse her of crawling, plus it gives my neck and head a break from the extra weight. The snake hisses at Fae, as if telling her to calm down. Immediately, my ears pin and I give the snake a stern look she awkwardly tries to avoid by turning her copper head away. "Shilva, tolerate it, or I won't hesitate to find a babysitter for you." She stares at me in awe, her beady eyes fixated on my ivory pupils. Walking excitedly behind us, Fae just watches. My expression turns to normal and I look straight ahead.

Fae starts to slow down, so I turn to look at her. "Mommy, I no feel nice." I halt, a worried expression plastered on my face. Does she want to be with Ryuu in the center of the land enough that she'd make excuses? Ryuu... he's with the herd, being baby sat by a few herd mates. Fae didn't eant to leave him, so she's likely trying to make up an excuse.

At least that's how it registers in my mind.

My lips part as I look at my dark colored foal. "A few minutes for a break, but we must continue our journey. The Dragon's Throat is extremely dark at night." I nod at her, as if proving I am serious about everything that has just been said. The little girl slows even further and then halts. She relaxes her wings at her sides and I get an idea. "Do you know how to flap your wings?" I am answered by an intrigued expression and a shake of her little foal head. "Or really...? Go like this." I am aware the girl cannot fly yet, for her wings are small and dainty as of this moment, but that doesn't mean she'll never fly.

I stretch m large wings out and start moving them up and down, up and down. I smile and nicker softly at Fae, and when I do, she starts bating her wings up and down. When her wings pick up enough speed, something starts to turn orange and glow underneath her wings. I am shocked and my mouth drops into an 'o' shape. At this moment, Shilva slithers off, slightly confused and annoyed with me and Fae. The snake doesn't really care about for magic, but I do. "Fae! Fae, you have fire magic, darling!" I prance towards her with a large grin spread across my face. I feel the heat and know that she is now equipped for being a horse of battle, but of course... she can be whatever she wants.

I allow her to stop flapping, so we stand there... two horses dumbfounded. "Can I hurt someone with that?" Her innocent voice reminds me of myself not that long ago. Then it all dawns on me. I am still like that. Afterall, I am still a child. I am a child raising two children and a rebellious snake. All of this while trying to become the World's Edge Philosopher. That is why we are going to the Dragon's Throat....

So Africa can raise Fae.

Success isn't the result of spontaneous combustion.

Messages In This Thread
she'll raise you right, child (anyone!) - by Aurelia - 04-16-2014, 11:36 PM