the Rift

Reaping [Delinne x Midas]
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

Midas
the one to see you through your darkest times

My breath came out in a frustrated rasp; muscled limbs carried this bulk in a dance that only a soldier could appreciate. Dirt flew in the wake of my concentration; feet took a swift but calculated shift of sidestepping, warming muscles that cried out for the first time in a long while. The warm air surrounding me felt stifling, green and thick.

The forest was turning nearly suffocating and already I began to feel my body weaken in this placid environment—surviving here was much easier than in a desert landscape. It was almost simply to become fat and lazy, to draw out the lines of each passing day in a haze of clover and sunlight. I was not a violent creature, quite the opposite in fact; but the lack of training gave my muscles reason to grow tense. A warrior needed to stretch, his aroma was the sweat of effort, the battle drum, a thrum of wings and hooves slapping against flesh and sand.

Sadly, so few of this family seemed eager to participate in the sparring games of soldiers. So I practiced alone, in the upturned dust that had received little use in the past weeks. A mid-day sun felt hot against my spine, the first layer of winter fur was sliding free from flesh. Perspiration began to bead up behind this layer, coating down my hairs until I was slick. The dirt patch was adjacent to the meadow, hidden in a small clove of trees that retreated to a stream. No cover to shield the sky, no tangling mess of vines to deal with. Just me, the dirt and the sound of blood beating across ears.

OOC:

Setting: Mid-day, warm, cloudless. Set in a glade away from trees and on loose soil.
No magic, no companions
Attack (0,3)
Word count:

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Reaping [Delinne x Midas] - by Midas - 04-17-2014, 01:01 PM
RE: Reaping [Delinne x Midas] - by Delinne - 04-17-2014, 02:08 PM
RE: Reaping [Delinne x Midas] - by Midas - 05-01-2014, 10:14 AM
RE: Reaping [Delinne x Midas] - by Sevin - 06-06-2014, 09:04 PM