the Rift

[OPEN] Eaves of Easter

Dusk Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

It was too easy to enjoy the lull of spring cicadas and the brisk, open air trudging away with time. I'd slept and interacted with the imaginary -- hot stars revolving through metaphysical wisps; I was in touch with myself and I could feel tranquility buzzing so softly in my ears. Few could disrupt the kind of slumber one takes between winter and spring. Few could view the kind of philosophy solace brings. As if the shell of winter's egg cracked all of a sudden and I poured out into the world, facing the dawn of day, the ruby sunrise blinking open to the first morning of spring like some kind of awakening. It was beautiful. It was mine.

I lay before beckoning Heaven, lost in the process of waking. Spotty eyes caught the blinding gleam of sun, pouring into the meadow. It was hard to believe this could happen every day, even those days where the muddy garrison waged forth a sea of hot children. It was hard to believe anyone could be privileged enough to witness such artistry. I wonder how I'm allowed to view such a passionate reminder of this imaginary life. I shift grassy eyes to the violet buds, watching time pass with the stretch of gentle petals. I wonder if this is what we all should see.

I rest beaten wings against dew soaked grass, allowing sleep to take me.

[I promise the poetic-ness will go away a little xD]

Credit

Messages In This Thread
Eaves of Easter - by Dusk - 04-19-2014, 09:20 AM
RE: Eaves of Easter - by Florabella - 04-29-2014, 11:40 AM