[PRIVATE] into the fire

Roux Posts: 57
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 5 :: Orangemoon HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Edison :: Red Kite :: Rage Semper

Roux

I feel it in my bones enough to make my systems blow

I killed him.

I killed him. He's dead. I killed him. What am I?

Roux lay on the ground, crumpled in his own blood and grief. His shoulder stung like hell as the feeling of his body slowly faded back. His sobs racked his body, sending white hot waves of pain from his shoulder to the rest of his body. He needed to stop crying, he told himself, and Edison cooed gently from beside him. The young bird would cry every so often, calling out for help. The bay mare that had witnessed the boys' argument never came out from the caves, and the bonded pair wondered if Roux had killed her, too. I'm a monster. His mind repeated, and Edison fell silent.

It seemed like an eternity before anyone came, but finally they did. They were in sync, hooves slamming against the earth and loud in the blood bay's ears. Roux winced, his eyes snapping open, but seeing naught. The sun was high above them, casting blindness over the colt wrathfully. Both voices were familiar, however, and caused Roux's head to snap up. His shoulder twisted in pain as he lifted himself up into his side, blood once again pooling from the wide, searing wound.

"Ranjiri. Sacre." The colt breathed out, relieved. Ranjiri was a welcome face, though his sightless eyes could not pinpoint it, but she was a warm filly from the beaches. His twin, however, caused tears to form along the bottom lids of Roux's eyes once more. He could feel the raging, hot anger as it boiled and spilled from his twin's chest. "Sac-sacre...I-i-i did it." He looked away from his twin, tears spilling and voice choking. The wound on his shoulder was his own cause, truly, from slamming into the sharp cave wall on his flee. Roux's ears dropped again, and he gritted his teeth. He needed to stand. His body was shaking, and the boy did not notice until he attempted to stand.

The pain was more than Roux had ever felt before and he screamed, called out, and pulled himself to his hooves. He swayed, shook, and wanted to release his knees and fall back to the earth. Let me die here. "Sacre...in the ca-aves. I--" Roux choked again, his head hanging as sobs took over his voice for several minutes. "I killed a boy."

image credits

@[Ranjiri] @[Sacre]
Now waking to the sun
I calculate what I had done
Like jumping from the bow
Just to prove that I knew how
</style>
pixel by nikkayla

Messages In This Thread
into the fire - by Ranjiri - 04-19-2014, 11:07 PM
RE: into the fire - by Sacre - 04-24-2014, 07:36 AM
RE: into the fire - by Roux - 05-20-2014, 06:43 PM