the Rift

[PRIVATE] !! Slow Motion [Alleo]

Rasta Posts: 305
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1hh :: six (ages in Tallsun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Ettore :: Red-Tailed Hawk :: None Abba
I was exhausted. Physically, mentally, spiritually. I was exhausted in every possible manner of being exhausted. The sun was out, it was supposed to be a new day but I was still repeating the same damn day over and over and over again. In fact the sun brought a new level to it. The blinding light was my bird's disappearance. Images of flames engulfing him, of his body suddenly vanishing in ash. It was all too much for what was left of my strength.

He was gone. I'd grieved, I knew he wasn't coming back but I couldn't fully accept it until I could say it outloud. In fact, all I could do was relive the nightmare of losing him and try and remember how to breathe with a broken heart.

The sweetness of a broken mind had me collapsing down by the river. My thoughts being drowned out by the sound of the waterfall, and as I closed my eyes soon my entire world was being drowned out as well. Peace. I finally felt some kind of peace in a place that used to bring me nothing but fear. I sprawled out upon my side, allowing my pelt to soak up the sun and for the mist of the waterfall to cling to my hide. A warmth and a coolness all at the same time. Comfort for a tattered soul.

To the on looker it would probably look as though I was dead, though. My breathing soft, barely a raise of my sides as I breathed in and out. The only signs of life were the gentle movement of the grass near my maw, which was sometimes hidden by the gentle breeze doing the same thing.

But, I was dead in all senses of the word. I was no longer mentally present. No. I was allowing a scarred mind to rest from the hand I had been dealt.

@[Alleo]
Rasta
you're my downfall, you're my muse, my worst distraction, my rhythm and
blues - i can't stop singing, it's ringing in my head for you
Image Credit

Mystified, just spinning 'round in circles
Drowning in the silent screaming with nothing left to say

Messages In This Thread
!! Slow Motion [Alleo] - by Rasta - 04-20-2014, 06:53 PM
RE: !! Slow Motion [Alleo] - by Alleo - 04-21-2014, 09:25 PM
RE: !! Slow Motion [Alleo] - by Rasta - 04-21-2014, 10:43 PM
RE: !! Slow Motion [Alleo] - by Alleo - 04-27-2014, 08:06 PM