the Rift

[PRIVATE] !! Dead in the Water [Cera]

Rasta Posts: 305
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1hh :: six (ages in Tallsun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Ettore :: Red-Tailed Hawk :: None Abba
I'm dead in the water, still looking for ya'

As my dear friend - no, wasn't he almost blood at this point, for how well he understood my pain without ever hearing a word. Yes, he is blood. So we will scratch those first four words. As my brother seems to almost tremble upon our touch, glimpses of concern lace around the crevices of my face. His eyes slide closed, for a short period, but long enough for me to sense that something has to be bothering him.

So, as he finally opens his eyes, I allow my cranium to tilt ever so slightly to the side until he sighs and allows the words to slide from his maw. Concern slowly etches itself in deeper to the lines in my face as I inch in closer while he continues to speak. And, when he says my name and looks away, I bump my maw against his wing, giving a snort and hoping that he will understand that I desire to crawl underneath it and press up against him - to allow him to feel my heartbeat, to remind him that he is not alone.

He speaks of pain, of being worthless. But I won't stand for him to feel like that. No, I simply won't. And so I shake my head violently before bumping his shoulder, regardless of if he got the message on my wish to sidle up to him without his feathery appendage in the way. You, I bump his shoulder again to prove my point even more, You are brighter than the sun. I toss my head up to the sky, towards the light, but I doubt he'll get it. I doubt he'll understand what I mean. In fact, I doubt it so much I promise myself that I will find him when I can speak again - find him and tell him all of these things.

He speaks again, calling the desert home. And I can understand this - they will always be my second family, I am just not fit to live there. But, then he speaks of being a replica, a ghost, and I am shaking my head again as he swallows down the tears that wish to fall so strongly. And, as his head falls lower I bump my maw to his cheek. Chin up. You are strong. But he can't read minds, and so I attempt to press my maw to the area near his heart, and breathe in time with his heart beat. You are alive, you are who YOU are, not a replica of someone else.

All the while, there is a gentle smile on my face - meaning to send across my offer of support to the one who had done nothing but support me since the hour I met him. And, to ensure he recognizes the fact that I am here for him I send out a gentle vibration - weak, barely noticeable but definitely there - before looking directly at him in an attempt to meet his gaze.

I'll be there if you need me - know that...

Image Creds | Coding by Schwartze

Mystified, just spinning 'round in circles
Drowning in the silent screaming with nothing left to say

Messages In This Thread
!! Dead in the Water [Cera] - by Rasta - 04-21-2014, 09:55 PM
RE: !! Dead in the Water [Cera] - by Cera - 05-16-2014, 06:45 PM
RE: !! Dead in the Water [Cera] - by Rasta - 05-24-2014, 11:55 PM
RE: !! Dead in the Water [Cera] - by Cera - 06-13-2014, 04:20 PM
RE: !! Dead in the Water [Cera] - by Rasta - 06-13-2014, 05:01 PM
RE: !! Dead in the Water [Cera] - by Cera - 06-22-2014, 02:57 AM
RE: !! Dead in the Water [Cera] - by Rasta - 06-23-2014, 09:54 PM
RE: !! Dead in the Water [Cera] - by Cera - 06-30-2014, 11:24 PM