the Rift

[OPEN] Come Let the Revolution Take Its Toll [Herd Meeting]

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod
TORLEIK
Long is the winter of a man's soul

Torleik's displeasure at everyone's assumption that simply running out and laying waste to another band of horses was quite large. He supposed this was the idea of a herd meeting, to let all voice their opinions, but it seemed everyone was content to speak to a thing that should not be taken flippantly: fighting.

Ulrik's words rubbed him the wrong way, family or not, and he grunted at his cousin. "No - the best offense is a well-constructed defense," he rumbled. "We cannot simply march out of the Basin and wipe out any who have any manner of quarrel with our herd or where we reside; there is not an ounce of diplomacy in that. Not to mention that we barely know anything about this Regime - anything concrete. Their core is a small band, six or eight at most if I am being generous," the General said, looking around pointedly at everyone who had simply jumped to the conclusion that open warfare was the correct answer.

"While they are small and fragmented, and it is tempting to seek them out to crush them now, I propose we wait, let them either fall apart on their own, or gather enough traction to congeal as a more solidified unit. If the latter, we draw them into a trap to crush them in one, swift, fell swoop. We outnumber them three to one. There is no need to expend useless energy hunting them down and picking them off in separate battles, stretching our ranks thin by doing so," he reasoned. "If, somehow, they are far larger than we know, then they will want us to spread out, and once we have spread out, they will strike - and we will have ranks too thin to mount a proper defense or retaliatory attack."

Deimos ordered that all should 'imprison and bludgeon' and by that Torleik took to mean capture and torture. That he could approve of as a wise plan. Imprisoning enough to crush their morale would be useful. "Stealth and kidnapping is a good plan of action at this point in time. Neither are my forte, but if I find a member of the Regime, rest assured they will learn their place in our prisons," Torleik rumbled, giving his Lord a bow and setting off to attend to his duties.

----------------------------------------------
OOC: Iunno, opinionated Torleik just kept begging me to write him going ">.> no" so I did. -shrugs-

"talk talk talk"
'Mental talking'
Thoughts

Credits: Image by Flowering Fatality @ DA
[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Come Let the Revolution Take Its Toll [Herd Meeting] - by Torleik - 05-13-2014, 06:14 PM