Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali

Cause all the walls of dreaming, they were torn wide open
And finally it seemed that the spell was broken
And all my bones began to shake, my eyes flew open
</style>

I really didn't have any place to go. Ever since daddy and Alysanne had forcefully healed me in the caves I had been running away from everything. If I stopped moving for too long I started thinking and the thinking brought on memories that my subconscious couldn't fully suppress. I didn't want to remember the look on daddy's face when he saw what I had become. I didn't want to see his face when I told him the things that I told him. Or Gaucho's face when I destroyed his dream catcher. Most of all I didn't want to remember the way Ros looked at me. Yelled at me. Attacked me. My shoulder twitched and I could swear that I could still feel the electricity on my skin after she attacked me. But I didn't blame her. How could I when I had it coming to me?

Somehow I ended up in the meadow, but I couldn't look at it the same now as I had before. I couldn't feel comfortable. I couldn't feel safe. Because it was here that I had been attacked. It was here that my feathers had been torn and ripped away from my wings. I wanted to blame the girl that had done it so badly because if she hadn't then I wouldn't have gotten sick and I wouldn't have attacked my family. But I couldn't, not when I knew that I hadn't been able to control myself. If I couldn't control myself then how could I expect her to control herself and not do what the darkness had wanted her to do? Could I blame the meadow for being so deceivingly beautiful when the world was coming to an end? Could I be angry with this same meadow that now beckoned me to it again? Could I be scared of it?

Yes. And I think I have every right to.

I don't remember how long I stood rooted in one place, just staring and thinking and remembering what wrong had been done to me here. I couldn't help but think that I was trying to destroy myself, my sanity, by coming back. But then I was distracted by something else. It was faint at first, a voice singing a wordless song from somewhere in the sky. I looked upward and could see, just barely between the branches of the tree I was standing under, the body of a pegasus circling the meadow. I stayed where I was and listened in wonder because the voice was so familiar. My heart fluttered and I found myself enjoying the lyric-less song so much so that when it stopped I found myself straining for even the softest hint that it was still being sung.

The silence made me suck in a deep breath and I stepped out from the shade of my tree and looked up toward the sky and waited. "Sing to me some more." I whispered. "Just a little bit more. Please?"

"."

@[Cera]

credits
Coded by Time

aud pixel!

Messages In This Thread
Reluctant Heroes - by Cera - 04-23-2014, 09:31 PM
RE: Reluctant Heroes - by Ranjiri - 04-23-2014, 10:11 PM
RE: Reluctant Heroes - by Cera - 04-23-2014, 11:29 PM
RE: Reluctant Heroes - by Ranjiri - 04-24-2014, 12:13 AM