the Rift

[PRIVATE] i remember saying prayers for someone kind

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali
ranjiri
                                                   calmness is the cradle of power

By this point I'd come to accept that I'll probably never have a real place to call home again. It had been my choice, after all, to not follow my own mother and remain safe in her shadow. I like to think sometimes that she is proud of my decision to go out and be on my own just like Hototo had, though I know in my heart that he is far more important than I will ever be. I'm not bitter because of it, though I would like for my mother to look at me the same way she had looked at Hototo. I mean, I know she loves us both, just in different ways. Just like daddy loves me and Cera and Hototo all differently. I can lie and say that I understand the way it works, but I won't. I don't have any children of my own but maybe one day I will and one day I'll understand completely. Until then I can only accept that they love me even if they have odd ways of showing it.

The constant sound of the ocean is what left me thinking for so long about my family. It has a soothing effect and if you don't pay attention you could stand for hours and stare out at the water until the sun is setting and blinds your eyes. Today, though, there was a noise along with the ocean that kept me from losing myself in the rhythm of the waves. It startled me and I found myself searching the beach for whatever it was that was making such a racket and I spotted him trying to crawl through the sand toward the water. My heart felt like it jumped into my throat because even from so far away he looked so helpless and I wondered where his mother was. My own mother, though she could be so cold and distant, never let me out of her sight even when she wasn't around. Bear was always with me, watching me and protecting me like Momma asked him to.

I did not hesitate as I trotted quickly toward the younger horse. With each step I took toward him I could feel my heart breaking at the sound of his sobs and it finally shattered when he screamed. "Shhh." I murmured as I drew closer and as I looked at him I realized that he could be my brother, though he smelled nothing like my own family. His gold markings matched mine and the red matched my eyes. "Shh, its okay. You're okay." Quickly, I lowered my body into the sand so I could lay beside him and try my best to soothe away whatever was ailing him. Whatever motherly instincts that come naturally to a girl seemed to come full force as I spread a wing to draw the colt to my side and cradle him until he was comforted. It was what his mother should be doing if she were around.

"Speak."

Credits

aud pixel!

Messages In This Thread
RE: i remember saying prayers for someone kind - by Ranjiri - 04-27-2014, 11:31 PM