the Rift

[PRIVATE] i remember saying prayers for someone kind

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali
ranjiri
                                                   calmness is the cradle of power

He seemed so convinced that his mother didn't love him because he wasn't pretty and I wished that I knew exactly why he thought the way he did. Didn't ever mother love their child? My own mother loved me and my brother and she could be the most distant and coldest mare alive. He tucked his face against my shoulder and my wing tightened to hold him closer and I nuzzled the fluff of mane between his ears as he spoke his name. "Ryuu." I spoke his name against his ears and smiled again, hoping that the smiles would rub off on him and he would begin to cheer up and smile for me.

I listened as he began to tell me about his family and I'll admit that I found it a bit strange that a mare would have two foals at the same time by two different sires. "You shouldn't listen to what they say." I murmured as he tried to say that others said his eyes were weird and his horns were weird. "They only say that because you're different from them. Look at me." My voice had dropped to a whisper. "I have wings and a horn. They think I'm weird, too, but I just ignore them because they're wrong."

"You my sister, Jiri?"

"I can be if you want me to. Or.... I could be 'Momma' if you want me to..." I said after hesitating to consider my answer to his question. "You can stay with me as long as you want to." What would I do with a foal? I was still learning how to take care of myself and I certainly wasn't able to feed him, but maybe I could find someone to help me because it was the right thing to do. I couldn't just leave him to fend for himself and cry for a mother that didn't want him.

"Look...like me. I be beautiful, like you? Later?"

"You're beautiful now." I whispered as if it were a secret for just the two of us to share. "Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. You're beautiful and perfect."

"."

Credits

aud pixel!

Messages In This Thread
RE: i remember saying prayers for someone kind - by Ranjiri - 04-28-2014, 11:10 AM