the Rift

[PRIVATE] i remember saying prayers for someone kind

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali
ranjiri
                                                   calmness is the cradle of power

"I-I try."

That's all I wanted him to do was to try and ignore everyone who said something negative about him. I don't think I'll ever understand what could possess someone to tell a child he was ugly or worthless. I know that the world is cruel, but until that point I hadn't realized just how cruel it could be. I wanted to protect him from all of it even though I was still young, myself. Someone had to take care of him, though, and if his mother wouldn't do it then I would do my best to pick up where she'd left off.

He didn't answer right away when I offered to replace his mother and I began to think that I had overstepped my bounds. I noticed the tears that shone in his eyes and I frowned, thinking that I was wrong in assuming that he didn't want his mother. Maybe he wanted her but she hadn't wanted him. If that were the case would he leave and start searching for her? If he did I couldn't stop him, he wasn't mine, but I would help him instead of leaving him to his own devices.

"Yes. Yes, yes. Momma. Momma. L-Love you, Momma. Momma."

Was this how my own mother had felt when I called her 'Momma' for the first time and told her that I loved her? Did her heart feel like it shuddered? Did tears prick the corners of her eyes? Did the happiness she felt alone make her feel like she was flying when she was earthbound? He wasn't my flesh and blood but I would treat him like he was. I would protect him from everything I could, teach him what I knew, and succeed where his real mother had failed.

"And I love you." I whispered into his ear because how could I not say it back? I may have only met the child a few minutes before, but he was so starved for love I was scared that if I didn't say it he would break even more. I made it my mission, then and there, to build his confidence up and raise him with enough love and compassion that he would never hunger for it again. "Do you want to go home?" I asked, having already made up my mind that I would go to the Dragon's Throat and seek out my brother because I couldn't do this completely alone.

"."

Credits

aud pixel!

Messages In This Thread
RE: i remember saying prayers for someone kind - by Ranjiri - 05-14-2014, 09:06 PM