the Rift

[OPEN] !! Face Up [Herb Garden]

Ruske Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Ruske;;
above all, do no harm.

Silence hung heavy, an oppressive entity in the spaces between our words. I frowned to myself, certain lighter conversation topics ought to come to mind but finding little at my convenience. I distracted myself with work, surprised to find gratitude stirring in my breast when at last Brisa spoke, her question obvious but polite. It scattered darker subjects from my thoughts.

“I am a nurse.” I paused my search for weeds long enough to lift my head. For a moment I studied her again, supposing I ought to recognize my colleagues elsewhere if the need ever arose. She appeared polite, at least – humble. Unobtrusive. “I’ve only been here in the World’s Edge for a short time. I suppose that’s why we’ve never met. Until some time ago I called the land Isilme home; I was a healer there, as well. I had god-given magic, then…” A pause as I considered the topic. If it sounded arrogant, I supposed I had a right to sound so, though my rank and my history meant little in this strange land. “I suppose the gods here are different,” I mused, recalling Resplendence’s magic. The subject called to mind a sudden curiosity; rather than ask I let the question hang unspoken, aware that with work to be done, any gap of time wasted too long in wondering may leave a bad impression. Let them answer if they wished; if not, I filed away the curiosity for later use. I had not dreamt of gods in a long time.

Recalling Resplendence’s statement from a moment earlier, I turned to blink at her then, acknowledging her humility with a small nod of the head. She ought to stand up a little more proudly, but she was correct in a small way. “There is always more to learn. I myself know very much of what goes on inside a unicorn, but less of other creatures – and I have never planted a true garden. So you are advanced on my knowledge, in truth.” I spoke sincerely, impressed thus far with all I had seen in the World’s Edge – the magic and the individuals gathered here. “I am willing to help in whatever way I can – if either of you know of ways to make an old man feel useful.” Simpering, I lowered my head again to finish clearing the row I walked along, aware to some degree that perhaps I had said too much – overstepped my bounds. I no longer recalled exactly the correct words to say, felt any awareness of how others might perceive myself. I had never enjoyed camaraderie such as this… It was strange, the contentment it bred in my mind, the easy familiarity. I enjoyed the company of these creatures.

I paused once again when Resplendence spoke, ears twisting to catch the low, sweet cadence of her voice. If only she spoke a little louder… but perhaps she was young – I had no way of knowing. Perhaps in time she would grow stronger in her place. “That may be a good idea,” I agreed with a nod. “Brisa’s angelica would do well to be planted quickly, if you intend to let it take root here.” I acknowledged to the grey mare once again before I turned to eye Valiance, where he circled near a large box at the edge of the garden. “What else do you have here?”

@[Brisa]
[ sorry for the wait; I couldn't remember if you wanted to be tagged or not, but figured with the amount of time I took, I might as well ]

Messages In This Thread
!! Face Up [Herb Garden] - by Resplendence - 04-28-2014, 09:19 PM
RE: !! Face Up [Herb Garden] - by Ruske - 04-28-2014, 10:31 PM
RE: !! Face Up [Herb Garden] - by Resplendence - 04-28-2014, 11:14 PM
RE: !! Face Up [Herb Garden] - by Ruske - 04-28-2014, 11:36 PM
RE: !! Face Up [Herb Garden] - by Brisa - 04-29-2014, 03:17 PM
RE: !! Face Up [Herb Garden] - by Resplendence - 05-03-2014, 11:13 PM
RE: !! Face Up [Herb Garden] - by Ruske - 05-04-2014, 08:44 PM
RE: !! Face Up [Herb Garden] - by Brisa - 05-04-2014, 09:23 PM
RE: !! Face Up [Herb Garden] - by Resplendence - 05-16-2014, 08:51 PM
RE: !! Face Up [Herb Garden] - by Ruske - 06-08-2014, 10:54 PM
RE: !! Face Up [Herb Garden] - by Brisa - 06-09-2014, 02:41 PM