the Rift

[OPEN] !! Face Up [Herb Garden]

Ruske Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Ruske;;
above all, do no harm.

Perhaps Brisa and I both were a little too direct in asking about the safety of the herb box. It came from a place of mutual concern, I knew, but Resplendence seemed to bristle in answer to the question. Quietly, I listened to her response, acknowledging the moon doctor with a nod. “I didn’t realize... Such untrustworthy creatures.” Unsurprising, but annoying. “I’m glad to see the herbs back in the Edge now, at least.” It could be protected here. I began to move on, dragging careful furrows in the soil with one hoof. Creating a straight line proved more difficult than it ought. Meanwhile, I listened to the moon doctor explain her reason for keeping poisons. It was a surprisingly apt one, a practice I myself approved of, though I gave no acknowledgement of that. Instead, I merely continued to work. Though productive, the garden’s maintenance quickly proved tedious. Hopefully, it would require less concentration once we had plants in the ground.

The subject changed to discussion of our own healing skills, and I listened with some interest to Brisa’s response. She claimed to know much less than Resplendence or myself, but in her answer I heard a keen ability for improvisation, and perhaps experimentation. Nurtured properly, her knowledge might grow to be of great use; mixing herbs, though useful, could prove dangerous without the proper knowledge. I nodded approval, then turned to Resplendence to catch her question. Classes? Teaching? My head came up, ears pricked with interest. “I would be glad to help in teaching. Before I came here, it was my ambition to pass on my knowledge to others.” A failed ambition, like most of mine had ended up. Perhaps if I had not foolishly run about at the bidding of demigods, putting fire to things... But that was long past. I would be well-behaved here in the Edge. I had decided that. “I could pass on the knowledge necessary to give basic aid to warriors and new nurses alike, if it would be helpful.” I cast a glance at Brisa, then. “I would be interested to hear more of what Brisa knows, as well, if you ever feel up to sharing it all.” I tried to give an encouraging smile, though perhaps it only looked patronizing.

My attention remained on Brisa, however, as she went on to ask about fire – oh, the dearest of elements, in my eyes. Though it had also caused my ruin, it was still a useful thing. “Fire does not destroy,” I answered crisply, “It cleanses. Though it would be foolish to set an injured warrior aflame, it can sometimes stop the bleeding of deep wounds, and the heat seems to keep infection off, at times. It must be applied delicately, of course. I would be interested in seeing your magic, if you ever wished to show me. My own healing was done with fire, often enough, in my old home.” Though that had been different, I hoped to sound optimistic. Phoenix help me, I had been dwelling on the worst things in life long enough.

@[Brisa]

Messages In This Thread
!! Face Up [Herb Garden] - by Resplendence - 04-28-2014, 09:19 PM
RE: !! Face Up [Herb Garden] - by Ruske - 04-28-2014, 10:31 PM
RE: !! Face Up [Herb Garden] - by Resplendence - 04-28-2014, 11:14 PM
RE: !! Face Up [Herb Garden] - by Ruske - 04-28-2014, 11:36 PM
RE: !! Face Up [Herb Garden] - by Brisa - 04-29-2014, 03:17 PM
RE: !! Face Up [Herb Garden] - by Resplendence - 05-03-2014, 11:13 PM
RE: !! Face Up [Herb Garden] - by Ruske - 05-04-2014, 08:44 PM
RE: !! Face Up [Herb Garden] - by Brisa - 05-04-2014, 09:23 PM
RE: !! Face Up [Herb Garden] - by Resplendence - 05-16-2014, 08:51 PM
RE: !! Face Up [Herb Garden] - by Ruske - 06-08-2014, 10:54 PM