the Rift

Cry like you should

Sielu Posts: 47
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 5 years :: Orangemoon
Angel

They squabbled about things that where beyond my control—about failures and self-pity. All emotions my young mind had yet to truly experience and thus didn’t even begin to understand. What was true and understandable, Da’s voice. Not the golden pelted woman who was rambling on rather rapidly while my head did multiple U-turns in an attempt to clear that fresh wave of haze. They both ended upon the note of urging me to rise, breath heaved out in a soundless sigh; a child’s naive belief that somehow these people would repair me. Daddy asked me a question, about someone in the Basin. My birthing home, this Lena raced through my mind and came back empty hoofed. "No. Don't know Lena."

At their request I obediently and perhaps ignorantly try again, this time actually pressing to lean toward Da as a sort of anchor before shifting off to Illynx when the blanket urge of staggering bewilderment threatened to send me reeling again on her side—with the likelihood that I’d lack strength for a third try if this attempt failed. Limbs trembled uncharacteristically, and not just from the damp cold that clung to my body like a sickness, but for lack of muscle strength. Limbs that hadn’t been used in nearly….

They hurt. Every part of me now screamed with an unholy fire that couldn’t be seen or touched by mortal eyes. The pain washed through my bond with Mauja, the emotion so vivid, one could almost say it had a noticeable color. Lips broke apart to scream a soundless cry as muddy knees locked upon themselves and with shaky effort held my lean frame up. It wasn’t noble or graceful but it was an upright position.

“Legs hurt.” I gasped to him, lowering my muzzle as the unfamiliar weight of crown strained my neck into a limp bend. “Head hurt.” Why did everything feel tight? Strained? I gazed at the ground with bewildered pain. They got me standing—but walking… “It burns.” I said again, weakly and pitifully evident in fear notes that I wouldn’t be able to do as they asked. My body trembled with effort. Unable to stop its shaking.
credits

Messages In This Thread
Cry like you should - by Sielu - 05-01-2014, 09:20 AM
RE: Cry like you should - by Illynx - 05-01-2014, 10:41 AM
RE: Cry like you should - by Snö - 05-01-2014, 12:01 PM
RE: Cry like you should - by Mauja - 05-01-2014, 02:50 PM
RE: Cry like you should - by Sielu - 05-06-2014, 06:09 PM
RE: Cry like you should - by Illynx - 05-13-2014, 02:41 PM
RE: Cry like you should - by Snö - 05-13-2014, 08:27 PM
RE: Cry like you should - by Mauja - 05-14-2014, 03:56 AM
RE: Cry like you should - by Sielu - 05-29-2014, 12:19 PM
RE: Cry like you should - by Illynx - 05-30-2014, 11:51 AM