the Rift

[PRIVATE] !! Waiting for a Friend [Eva]

Evangeline the Pure Posts: 199
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 :: 10
Tallis :: Common Orange Dragon :: Fire Breath & Toxic Breath ali
Evangeline the Pure

"Perhaps you're right." Evangeline responded when Resplendence said that anyone could do what she did. "Anyone could learn how to be a healer. Anyone could collect herbs and plant them, but not just anyone has a true passion for it that makes them good at it." She didn't know why she was trying to build up the meek mare's confidence in her work, but she was. She, however, wouldn't continue to try if Resplendence was set on shrugging off every compliment that was given to her. Some didn't want to be complimented and she certainly wasn't going to continue wasting her breath if that turned out to be the case with Resplendence.

"I... I have no reason to be proud. I couldn't save the ones I loved... the ones I cared for..."

Evangeline remained stationary as the other mare picked her way toward the water where the two dragons were picking the horehound she had requested. The orange mare watched the healer, a frown creasing the corners of her mouth. "So you're going to live in misery?" She asked quietly, recalling a time in her youth that she had lived in misery. She had blamed herself for being an orphan, not once in her childhood but twice. She had felt heartsick for each individual that she had stumbled across that had succumbed to wounds inflicted in pointless battle. For years she had been miserable until the time came when she hadn't wanted to feel that way anymore. She had wanted more out of her life, but perhaps Resplendence hadn't made it to that point yet.

"You cannot let loss dictate your life, I've found." She murmured. "In the end there comes a time when everyone must go, some much sooner than others. So long as you have something left to live for..." Her voice trailed as her gaze went to the dragons, her own was flying back with claws full of Horehound that had been ripped from the ground. "You might as well make it a happy life."

"."

Credits

@[Resplendence]

Messages In This Thread
!! Waiting for a Friend [Eva] - by Resplendence - 05-03-2014, 11:56 PM
RE: !! Waiting for a Friend [Eva] - by Evangeline - 05-04-2014, 02:46 PM
RE: !! Waiting for a Friend [Eva] - by Evangeline - 06-16-2014, 08:50 PM
RE: !! Waiting for a Friend [Eva] - by Evangeline - 06-19-2014, 10:17 PM
RE: !! Waiting for a Friend [Eva] - by Evangeline - 07-15-2014, 06:19 PM