the Rift

Define Tormentors [Questing: RE]

Prometheus Posts: 75
Up For Adoption atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 8.2 / 16.3 :: 4 months / 6 years [Immortal] HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Pyr :: Siberian Tiger :: Hypnotize & Flaming Touch Adoptable

The battle at last is complete. I watch as the remains of the pegasus slither into the thick mud of the marsh and your eyes slowly regain emotion. They turn to me, glittering with pride and pleasure; I cannot tell at what. That you have proved your love for me, or outshone me? Or perhaps, even, a genuine happiness that I have gotten exactly what I wanted?

But no, this is far from what I wanted. I lift my weary form and make my way to the corpse, I drag the pale bones of the wing structures out of the marsh and onto the bank, staring at the few scattered feathers and their tattered condition. I stand over them, silent, watching and waiting for something to occur. I know I must return to the God of the Sun and present him with my findings when birdsong first falls, and as much as the triumph of the thought fills me, I feel empty regardless. I have hoped, perhaps, that in an instant the wings will mold to my flesh and I can at last take flight.

But there is only silence and stillness in the marsh. You come close to my side, perhaps sensing my sadness. For the first time in so long your fur brushes my side and I do not flinch; neither of us flinch. You have proven yourself strong when I have faltered- protected me in my time of need. I want to thank you, I wish I could thank you. I owe you this thanks at least, but say nothing instead. Silence and stillness reigns this marsh.

[[Hurrah, at last! Thank you Boom and Blu both, this was very fun. :)]]

img © foter
[Image: siggy1_zpsfwdjquxw.png]
please tag Prometheus in all replies!
magic & force is permitted at your own peril.

Messages In This Thread
Define Tormentors [Questing: RE] - by Prometheus - 08-20-2012, 08:52 PM
RE: Define Tormentors [Questing: RE] - by Prometheus - 10-31-2012, 09:15 AM