the Rift

Define Tormentors [Questing: RE]

Prometheus Posts: 75
Up For Adoption atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 8.2 / 16.3 :: 4 months / 6 years [Immortal] HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Pyr :: Siberian Tiger :: Hypnotize & Flaming Touch Adoptable

This is foolish, and but you do not recognize the futility of your efforts, even when the water engulfs you and you are left to drown among the bodies of the dead. I watch you as you fall with a sense of dread that I do my best to quell as I continue my forward gallop and allow my horn to slice at what remains of his tattered hindquarters. I cannot think of your fate now, for the beast's jagged hooves are striking towards my thin-boned neck and threatening to crack it in half. Even if I'll feel no pain, there is a slight fear that I cannot shake. The image of hooves striking towards my face, flying past my eyes, heading for the neck- it is one that is all too familiar.

As I run past the beast, gait slowed by the wet muck of the marsh's floor, his hooves strike the arch of my neck where the tattered mane meets flesh. There is a splatter of black, thick blood that has soured in my dormant veins, and in my mind I hear a colt's last, desperate cry as his life is ended. The sensation of being struck in such a manner is mentally crippling. I find myself skidding to a stop and tumbling beneath the surface of the marsh waters. Shadow surrounds me and I long once more for sleep. This battle is pointless; it will rage endlessly and still no victor will be determined.

You have not given up. Perhaps it is your stubborn will to live that I have long since abandoned, but you persist. From my place beneath the surface, I can see the dim shadow of your form rising from the water, leaving behind the monster's leg and letting it bob to the surface. I want to cry out your name and hold you back, but to keep a tiger chained is to condemn him to a painful death. It is too late for me to control you now, and you are on your own. But I, I remain protected. For as long as you breathe, I will never be alone again.

The realization that I would miss you if you were gone strikes like a knife and I cannot bear to let you face the beast alone. I rise from the marsh amid a shimmering illusion that quickly becomes reality. My dull and torn coat grows to a deep red coated with white roan spotting, and what was once a broken horn now aims directly towards the beast in a threatening stance. Immaculate dagger-like hooves of a goat are lifted from the water as I prepare myself to ram into the monster before us, but out of the corner of my pure white eyes is an image that enraptures me.

You have stood proudly and firmly before the monster of the swamp, and with eyes that seem to grow a darker red each day, you seem to stare into his soul. I recognize the trick you were born with and have since mastered; watch with fascination as you do your best to draw the being into your web. Your spell of hypnosis now is our final hope, our last chance before we must give in to our fates. You to death, and I to eternal war.

[[P: 2/? || WC: 553 || M/CU:2/2 || AS: Prometheus is hit by the hooves at the top of his neck, around the middle of its length. He falls into the water as Pyr gets out of it. Prometheus gets out of the water and is in potential form but merely for writing and creativity purposes; he attempts no attacks. He ses Pyr attempting to hypnotize the zombie using his advanced hypnosis skills. || Note: The pair is trying to end the fight with this one, here goes nothing. ]]

img © foter
[Image: siggy1_zpsfwdjquxw.png]
please tag Prometheus in all replies!
magic & force is permitted at your own peril.

Messages In This Thread
Define Tormentors [Questing: RE] - by Prometheus - 08-20-2012, 08:52 PM
RE: Define Tormentors [Questing: Belial & RE] - by Prometheus - 09-06-2012, 10:47 PM