the Rift

[PRIVATE] permafrost harvest

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah
Alysanne & Hemlock

A truly wonderful day was shaping before Alysanne and she was all the happier for having decided to come visit Lena. If the two could have found such pleasant company within one another down in the caves, even in the beauty of the glowing plants, then surely here it would be magnified - set free by the fresh air around them. There were many questions she had about the Basin, Lena being the first that she knew of to call this place home. She recalls the features that had been brought up the last time they spoke - the summits, the lake, the hot springs.

She followed Lena happily as the mare moved, leaving the metal horse behind. As they had passed it, Alysanne quickly realized it was not truly alive as she had originally thought. Such a marvel! She would like to know who had created such a thing so that she might compliment them if she should ever be fortunate enough to meet them.

But attentions were quickly turned elsewhere. Her friend spoke of how there were plants she was looking for as well - cotton and flax - so she might be made a herb bag by the weavers. So they both had something to look out for! “Oh wonderful! I’d be happy to help you find those - a bag would be so handy. Flax should definitely be easy enough to find around these parts.” She wasn’t so sure about cotton though, but maybe they would be lucky if Lena did not already know where there was some. Not knowing that there were in fact distinctions between the crafting powers between the herds, Alysanne simply thought it was funny how there seemed to be preferences depending on where you were. Glass, metal, fabric.

The pair - or group, with the companions with them (Hemlock nestled now in the wings of Alysanne, hooting occasionally and trying to catch Imogen’s attention before hiding again) - moved peacefully forward. The scent of the northern air continued to fill Alysanne’s lungs and she felt as though she were being cleansed. Not that the World’s Edge had particularly dirty air, but there was just something about a cooler climate that felt fresh.

“Bearberry is a funny little plant - you have to be careful to just use the leaves but they can be used as astringent if you soak them in water a little bit and quite helpful for any… urinary problems.” Now, Alysanne has not quite thought of how she will soak the leaves in water to be used, but perhaps one of the crafters back home could help her with that! She would have to talk to Resplendence and see if they could come up with a solution or if it was even a good idea.

“Pasque flower I’ve heard has rather helpful for cataracts and other issues with the eyes.” Maybe she could have tried to think up herbs that were a little… less specific than these two. The population of the Edge were all fairly young and generally in good health - but these were what had come to her mind. And she thought it would be rather handy to have them and see if they could be cultivated in the Edge. Just in case. “I'm sure there's plenty of other helpful herbs just waiting to be found here but I've quite forgotten what most of them are! Sometimes I worry that my dad would be disappointed by how much I've forgotten since our lessons when I was a filly.” But it is said with a smile - the leaf-encrusted stallion would only laugh with that earth-rumbling laugh and remind her gently what she needed to know.

image by sarah
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Messages In This Thread
permafrost harvest - by Alysanne - 05-06-2014, 08:15 PM
RE: permafrost harvest - by Lena - 05-11-2014, 01:33 PM
RE: permafrost harvest - by Alysanne - 05-14-2014, 11:05 PM
RE: permafrost harvest - by Lena - 05-18-2014, 07:38 AM
RE: permafrost harvest - by Alysanne - 05-20-2014, 03:37 PM
RE: permafrost harvest - by Lena - 05-26-2014, 12:14 PM
RE: permafrost harvest - by Alysanne - 05-29-2014, 06:11 PM
RE: permafrost harvest - by Lena - 06-01-2014, 12:15 PM
RE: permafrost harvest - by Alysanne - 06-08-2014, 12:09 PM
RE: permafrost harvest - by Lena - 06-15-2014, 11:46 AM