the Rift

[DROP] Chthonic Rites [Earth/Water Magic Drop]

Rostislav Posts: 245
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.1hh :: 7 (Frostfall) HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Damaris :: Common Hellhound :: Acid Lauren

Not long has passed since the great race through the Heart Caves to the Rotunda. I ran as fast as I could, and it paid off. Though I collapsed after crossing the finish line, I had succeeded in winning the race and had been crowned the new Legatus of Hidden Falls. Well, I guess not crowned... but I'm not really sure what else to call it. Anyway, I'm the new boss warrior man. Stallion. Dude. I've been hanging out now in the Rotunda, where the race finished, for a few days. There was no rush getting back to the Hidden Falls.. nothing much was going on there at the moment and I'm in no hurry to get anywhere, not after I ran my legs off.

Damaris jumps behind my legs, her paws batting wildly for my tail that I swing back and forth for her entertainment. She's getting bigger everyday, and it's really starting to show. It's still hard for us to communicate, but we get along okay. She feels things, and then I start to feel them, or it is the other way around. If I think things in my mind, sometimes she gets the gist of what I'm trying to say. It's not a perfect art, but we don't try to do anything too complicated with it. I wince as her claws dig into my tail. I take a swig of my vodka, hoping that it won't take too long to dull the pain. She whines at me, and at first I think that she is protesting my drinking. That's something she really just needs to adjust to. At two months old I'm surprised she hasn't figured that out yet... And has it really been two months?

She starts whining again and pulls me from the thought. I turn back to look at her and see her looking at the Rotunda itself. She starts barking and I see that there's something inside the structure. I can't quite see, but I do see quite a gathering taking place around it. I'm not too far off, maybe only thirty to forty yard. I motion to her that we should gather, and approach those there. I see Delinne - her form is unmistakable - and Ciceron, whom I'd just seen at the race. He is the new Praetus, and is just behind me in rank. I still don't know much about him. The others are unfamiliar to me. Some I recognize, but I don't know any of their names. I look within the Rotunda structure, and find myself faced with something I've never seen before. It's got the body of a lion, the wings of an eagle, and the head of a human. Whatever this thing is.. well, I have no fucking clue. She poses a riddle to the gathering.

Damaris barks at the figure before us, and I wonder if she's trying to threaten the thing or answer the riddle. I look at her as we stand in the back of the gathering and wonder if she has the answer. She fills me with a sense of hope.. Hope? Is that the answer? Somehow I don't think so.

In a rare moment of smarts.. I think I might know what the answer is. I speak up, probably surprising those that are already there. "Is it... tomorrow?"

Text text text.
"Words words words."

Wishlist
Magic: Earth (A) :: Ability to crack the earth within a certain distance and raise earth and rock around him and send it at an opponent or target. He will do this by sending a powerful stomp into the ground. (Restrictions set by admin.)
No previous denials.

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Rostislav excluding dismemberment and death.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Chthonic Rites [Earth/Water Magic Drop] - by Rostislav - 05-07-2014, 09:34 PM