the Rift

[OPEN] This is what it feels like.

Delsolea Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
delsolea
the static on your arm - it is the catalyst
It was an awkward encounter. He stood so tall, strong – he was a foreboding sight to her but yet when he spoke to her in return, his words were not any colder. His voice was not entirely friendly, but at least he was speaking to her rather than at her. It had been some time since her last conversation with one of the male gender, and he had been one who had fled from her because he was too inept to deal with her, and his children. He had fled form her and left her alone, alone to be with her children and alone because he was too arrogant to look beyond himself. He had left Delsolea with a changed view, but it was for the best she was beginning to find.

It was better not to trust straight away. Even beneath these dancing lights, mesmerized by the colour and patterns they created, it was not something that weakened her mind.

When he spoke of the snow and the cold, she was inclined to agree with him despite having little knowledge of it.

“The cold is wearing; I have felt it before for long enough but never like this. It is not somewhere I believe I would like to stay for long periods of time,” she says, admitting this easily. Why she was, she didn’t know – but Delsolea knew. He had spoken of how close they were to his home, the Aurora Basin. She remembers that both Aurelia and Abishia had said strange things about the Basin. She was not inclined to entirely believe them though, despite that Aurelia was one Delsolea trusted now.

However, the way he spoke of it was different. Being an inhabitant of it, it sounded like a tightly knit group, even if they were all of the same kind. His words had become more laced with danger, a warning to her yet Delsolea only steeled her mind, not letting him know that she may be slightly worried by him. She held her ground, despite the increase in her heart rate.

His companion was beginning to circle around her, and Delsolea watched him for a moment, wondering if they somehow communicated to each other, but she decided it did not matter.

Her gaze turned back to the horned, “I have heard from others of the Basin. Though I do not pass judgement without truly knowing – a lesson learned the hard way,” she adds in a dry tone, looking away for a moment.

“I would not set hoof in a place I was not invited to begin with, oh monster,” she says to him in a rough voice, attempting to show she was not intimidated by him. “I have been travelling alone for a very long time. I have learnt how to escape if need be, but curiosity is difficult to override,” she says to him, this time with her own odd little smile on the end.

“And it seems the endless curiosity I had as a child has never left. There is much to be learnt about this world. I plan on seeing more of it, even if monsters might stalk me in the shadows.” She says to him. After a moment, she wonders if she might ask for who he was, his name – yet she refrains.

At least, for now her curiosity as to who he and his circling companion are is curbed.

[ooc] i'm soo sorry this took so long omg and how odd it is in places D:
image by tamme <3

Messages In This Thread
This is what it feels like. - by Delsolea - 05-06-2014, 10:05 PM
RE: This is what it feels like. - by Ulrik - 05-07-2014, 11:20 AM
RE: This is what it feels like. - by Delsolea - 05-08-2014, 11:00 AM
RE: This is what it feels like. - by Ulrik - 05-09-2014, 10:35 AM
RE: This is what it feels like. - by Delsolea - 06-11-2014, 10:58 PM