the Rift

[OPEN] What Comes Out in the Thaw

Varath Posts: 45
Hidden Account atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17.0 hh :: 3 Years HP: 63.5 | Buff: ENDURE
redgod
V A R A T H
We are each our own devil, and we make this world our hell.

Ulrik, it seemed, was highly dissatisfied with the state of the Basin at the current time. Had things really changed so much while he had been gone? Varath wondered. The Engineer explained that Deimos - who the young, heterochromatic-orbed stallion noticed quite clearly was absent from this gathering - had become lead, along with Illynx. Varath remembered both from before, though Illynx less so simply because his childish mind had been obsessed with and covetous of Deimos' sheer existence.

Now, in retrospect, such a sycophantic love was the work of nothing more than an ignorant infant.

Varath inwardly berated himself for a foolish action such as that despite knowing mistakes were the hallmark of a maturation process. Surely he was wiser now than when he had left. D'Artagnan had stepped down from the position of healer, now filled by Lena, and a Torleik was a name he did not know from before. A newcomer during his absence, most likely. Worth noting that he had already risen to become the Basin General.

By power, or political maneuvering, the young male mused. He would be interested to meet the man and figure him out. Speak of the devil and he shall appear, it seemed, as both Illynx and this Torleik joined their little pow-wow as Ulrik spoke. Varath gave a small bow to Illynx out of well-trained courtly respect, and a masculine dip of his head to this general.

His eyes roved over Illynx to find her fat.

She was pregnant.

Interesting. He hadn't taken her for a mother of any sort, as she seemed slippery and shimmering as ever while she spoke. Varath's returned smile was perfunctory, tight and empty; though it was a carefully crafted ruse that likely only the Lady of the Basin could see through. He had come to despise gilded but empty receptacles during his time in Dorngarrow.

If it had use, let it look however it might. Pretty things were of use only for their beauty. Though to be fair, he was aware Illynx had wit. She was not lacking a brain. In what direction she turned it, the young male had yet to see and judge. "I see one leader of the Basin has seen fit to welcome me home, though perhaps by chance," he murmured observantly. "I cannot help but wonder where the other is, the Lord Deimos. Surely a gathering such as this would pique any leader's attention? It is, after all, why I assume you carried yourself over, Lady Illynx." He didn't assume he was important enough on his own to warrant such a welcoming; he had been but a child when he left, a vague memory to all but his family, the frayed edges of a tapestry unfinished. Torleik seemed to address Illynx in a hushed tone for a moment and Varath swiveled an ear towards the conversation curiously, finding, to his displeasure, he could not discern what was being hashed out.

Perhaps he was the reason Illynx was heavy with child. When the general spoke to him, the words were simple, to the point, and abrupt. The older man seemed...disgruntled. Ever curious, Varath wished to know why. "I would like to spar with you sometime, then. Test myself." He did not probe the dual-horned beast's mind here, publicly. He would wait.

Varath noticed movement on the periphery of the group and saw yet another mare joining - reminding him that Liit was still present, though silent. "This little congregation continues to grow, it seems. What is your name?" he inquired of the newcomer.

@[Ulrik]
@[Illynx]
@[Torleik]
@[Liit]
@[Esther]

"talk."

-----------------------------------
OOC: Sorry this took so long. Varath is still a little difficult. Plus I did not expect this turnout lol. A little overwhelmed!

exc.hu

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!

Messages In This Thread
What Comes Out in the Thaw - by Varath - 05-07-2014, 10:31 AM
RE: What Comes Out in the Thaw - by Ulrik - 05-07-2014, 11:35 AM
RE: What Comes Out in the Thaw - by Liit - 05-08-2014, 02:29 PM
RE: What Comes Out in the Thaw - by Varath - 05-08-2014, 10:30 PM
RE: What Comes Out in the Thaw - by Ulrik - 05-09-2014, 10:20 AM
RE: What Comes Out in the Thaw - by Liit - 05-09-2014, 11:56 AM
RE: What Comes Out in the Thaw - by Varath - 05-11-2014, 10:25 PM
RE: What Comes Out in the Thaw - by Ulrik - 05-13-2014, 09:45 PM
RE: What Comes Out in the Thaw - by Illynx - 05-14-2014, 02:43 PM