the Rift

[OPEN] What Comes Out in the Thaw

Varath Posts: 45
Hidden Account atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17.0 hh :: 3 Years HP: 63.5 | Buff: ENDURE
redgod
V A R A T H
What do they do with your soul? Is it just lying there, busted?

Spring. Always hailed as such a beautiful season, full of life and blooming newness. Varath hated spring. All it accomplished was reminding him of the self-deceit he practiced every day.

In winter, the land was covered with a blanket of snow, the pristine white giving no purchase for those who wished to discover what lay beneath. Spring's thaw melted the carefully placed outer coat and revealed the treacherous bones that held up the skin: craggy rocks and dangerous pitfalls. Root snags and snares. Everything that was ugly and threatening about the world came to light, no longer covered by the soft, velvety blanket of cool white.

What was he, in spring? Did the thaw open him up to others, make them see what was inside of him, what he loathed and wanted so desperately to purge every moment of every day? No. They did not know. They could never know. He had forsaken that part of him long ago and could not come back from such a pact.

The sun shined down on his young but mature and muscular form and he turned his silver eye away from its penetrating rays. Symbolic, he thought ruefully. Since he had returned from his grandsire's land, Varath had finally been accepted into the Basin by none other than Deimos himself. The memory still brought both pleasure and pain to his senses. It was ironic, really, that now that he was here, it was almost...anticlimactic. As a child he had expected there to be daily crusades against the hornless filth, a constant war waged on those who were not worthy to hold land.

The Basin seemed to be much calmer than that. As it always had been, most likely, he thought, looking back on his younger self with some amusement. Immaturity was freeing, in a way. Truth and knowledge was a fetter, despite what they said.

But lately he had heard ruminations about a rival group, this...Regime...and it the young stallion's skin crawling with disgust - both sincere and forcibly manufactured. Unicorns and equines working together to accomplish an invasion of the Basin? Such unicorns were a disgrace to their bloodline and should be obliterated from the annals of history!

Such were the thoughts of a young, conflicted stallion as he gazed into the Basin lake, his body motionless while his mind contorted every which way.

----------------------------------------------------
OOC: Open to anyone who would like to help me get a feel for Varath! I would appreciate any help! If you've met him prior and reply in this thread, please make a note of it for me; I've begun reading through his past posts but I'm still not all sure of exactly what he's done/who he's met. Thank you!

"talk."

exc.hu

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!

Messages In This Thread
What Comes Out in the Thaw - by Varath - 05-07-2014, 10:31 AM
RE: What Comes Out in the Thaw - by Ulrik - 05-07-2014, 11:35 AM
RE: What Comes Out in the Thaw - by Liit - 05-08-2014, 02:29 PM
RE: What Comes Out in the Thaw - by Varath - 05-08-2014, 10:30 PM
RE: What Comes Out in the Thaw - by Ulrik - 05-09-2014, 10:20 AM
RE: What Comes Out in the Thaw - by Liit - 05-09-2014, 11:56 AM
RE: What Comes Out in the Thaw - by Varath - 05-11-2014, 10:25 PM
RE: What Comes Out in the Thaw - by Ulrik - 05-13-2014, 09:45 PM