the Rift

[PRIVATE] This isn't the notebook.
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme
Ophelia the Forsaken

Torleik was a good listener, she decided. He took her words without judgement or remark, letting her speak uninterrupted and honestly. She did not fear his responses because after a few minutes, Ophelia realized that he was not going to pass his thoughts along, offer her advice, or praise or condemn. The freedom to speak unfettered was liberating, and so she said more than she had ever said before. What was there to hold back from him? Nothing, really...

Ophelia could not define the stab in her heart when Torleik said that he had met her father, but she smiled tightly regardless. That sounded like her father, to help someone in need, without question. The pleasure of her father's good deeds hurt in a good way, but his absence from her life and his presence in others' felt like betrayal. She would never admit that out loud, except, perhaps, to Ktulu, whom she knew believed similarly.

"My father is known for helping all of those in need," she said quietly. His herd in the Moonlit Tides was a harbor for the lost and a home for many. He even housed an outcast band solely set on bringing peace to Isilme. I am glad that you have met him, even if briefly." That was the truth. She was glad that Torleik had seen her father for the noble man she believed him to be.

The smile on Ophelia's lips was mysterious. "When Ktulu and I had reached of age, she invented in her mind this idea that we would lead warriors and spies to rid the world of evil," she said with a laugh. "The idea was noble if not naive, and we had no reason to be naive, with what we've seen." She snorted in amusement. "What started as an innocent idea turned into a full fledged band of miscreants and warriors, and I lead a group of spies while my sister lead the warriors. Eventually, we grew, and finally, we invaded a land called the Foothills. My childhood friend, Jackal, lead the herd before we came, be he didn't show up at the battle."

Ophelia was still bitter over his absence, as the win did not feel legitimate. "We won, and I turned a few of their warriors to our cause. But, over time, the band grew to be mercenaries, battling for the highest price. Honestly, fighting for material gain tore me apart inside. I tried to shut myself off, to turn away my morals, what few there are, but I could not - not when my father fought so valiantly for freedoms that allowed me to live and exist." Soleil was an equine and her father was a unicorn, making her existence rocky in Isilme, but his herd provided safety.

"I made a deal with my aunt, Psyche, who lead at the time, that we would offer warriors when the time came. But, after some much needed advice, I left the Grey, our band, going into the mountains to be alone. Ktulu was left to pick up the pieces and send warriors when the Basin called. I learned recently that they invaded the World's Edge and the Dragon's Throat, but neither battle resulted in victory," she said quietly. "My uncle died in one, however..."

Donovan. She missed him.

"My sister chose her title because she was born with the ability to steal breath from other's lungs," she answered his question. "That ability saved my life from Deimos. While Deimos was killing me, she strangled Mauja, the leader, until Deimos would let me go," she explained, remembering that moment flawlessly.

"As for my own..." she trailed, frowning. "My life is a pattern of being... forgotten, left alone," she explained hesitantly. She was not afraid of his judgment, but afraid of her own admittance. Speaking aloud made everything more resolute. "My sister and I were abandoned on our own to survive and find ourselves here, a stallion I thought I loved left me for another, the God of the Sun abandoned me, vowing he would never speak to me again, my father left, I have not seen the God of Time since Roskuld was born..." she trailed, frowning. Even Mauja had disappeared entirely after supposedly attacking the Throat.

"Seems like everyone I've loved, or thought I've loved has disappeared... gone," she trailed, frowning. "Except for Ktulu. She is the only constant in my life, the only one who has stood at my side, through... everything."

Credits: Image by Del-Rae @ DA

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
This isn't the notebook. - by Ophelia - 05-07-2014, 10:41 AM
RE: This isn't the notebook. - by Torleik - 05-11-2014, 02:37 PM
RE: This isn't the notebook. - by Ophelia - 05-13-2014, 05:18 PM
RE: This isn't the notebook. - by Torleik - 05-13-2014, 10:31 PM
RE: This isn't the notebook. - by Ophelia - 05-13-2014, 11:15 PM
RE: This isn't the notebook. - by Torleik - 05-24-2014, 10:06 PM
RE: This isn't the notebook. - by Ophelia - 05-27-2014, 10:51 PM
RE: This isn't the notebook. - by Torleik - 05-29-2014, 07:48 PM
RE: This isn't the notebook. - by Ophelia - 05-29-2014, 09:18 PM
RE: This isn't the notebook. - by Torleik - 05-29-2014, 09:49 PM