the Rift

[PRIVATE] somewhere nobody knows you

Evangeline the Pure Posts: 199
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 :: 10
Tallis :: Common Orange Dragon :: Fire Breath & Toxic Breath ali
Evangeline was far from being established within the Edge. There were only a few of the herd members that she had met and that was because she'd decided to keep to herself. After arriving and witnessing the mistreatment of a wandering unicorn she had not wanted to befriend them and was even considering leaving. Then Ruske showed up, injured, and the herd that she'd begun to think so poorly of helped him even though he was a unicorn. It was at that point that she'd realized that maybe she'd judged them a little too harshly. She began to speak with them, but that did not make her established. She had not gone out of her way to take up some specific rank or duty in the herd. Not like Ruske had. She did not argue her thoughts with him, though, because it was pointless. He would continue to insist that she deserved to stay there more than he did, no matter how untrue his belief was.

When Ruske claimed that he didn't feel useful Evangeline frowned. "But you are." She insisted. "You help Resplendence. You can teach the other nurses because you're smart. The Phoenix wouldn't have chosen you as a healer if he didn't believe you were smart and capable." Granted they weren't in Isilme anymore, but Evangeline believed it true."A better healer couldn't have been chosen." She murmured. "And they did right by promoting you to nurse. You're an asset to them. What am I?"

“Don’t underestimate yourself, my dear. If you’ve any faults, it is a tendency toward forgetting your own worth.”

Tears welled in her eyes and even though she'd decided only moments before that she would not seek out physical comfort from Ruske she stepped forward and rested her cheek against his neck. He couldn't possibly understand how good it felt for someone to even insinuate that she was worth something. What made the sentiment all the more special was that it was coming from someone that meant so much to her.

A quiet laugh escaped her as Ruske shoved at her neck and claimed to be adept at finding her. "I'm glad." She admitted. "I don't think I'd want anyone else to find me." Her head rose as he stepped back and she caught his eye, ears tilting forward as she listened to him. "Of course I enjoy your company." She said in a tone that told of how ridiculous she thought his statement was. Maybe she hadn't enjoyed his company a few days prior, but that's what happened when friends argued. They were, thankfully, good enough friends to get past it and use it to make their friendship stronger.

'I forgive.' Tallis said, urging Eva to tell Ruske. 'Not forget.' His tail twitched as he watched his bonded. "He says he forgives you." She told Ruske, but she refused to tell him that the dragon wouldn't forget. But Ruske continued on about her being of the utmost importance to them both, which Tallis agreed with a nod of his head. Evangeline could feel her face flushing and she looked away, a hint of a smile on her lips.

"."

ooc:// sorry about the double tagging, i just realized that i forgot the last bit of my post

autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower

@[Ruske]

Messages In This Thread
somewhere nobody knows you - by Evangeline - 05-07-2014, 10:43 PM
RE: somewhere nobody knows you - by Ruske - 05-08-2014, 12:17 AM
RE: somewhere nobody knows you - by Evangeline - 05-10-2014, 10:10 PM
RE: somewhere nobody knows you - by Ruske - 05-11-2014, 09:42 PM
RE: somewhere nobody knows you - by Evangeline - 05-11-2014, 11:34 PM
RE: somewhere nobody knows you - by Ruske - 05-12-2014, 12:09 AM
RE: somewhere nobody knows you - by Evangeline - 05-12-2014, 10:16 PM
RE: somewhere nobody knows you - by Ruske - 05-15-2014, 01:45 AM
RE: somewhere nobody knows you - by Evangeline - 05-15-2014, 07:56 PM