the Rift

Fear Not This Night

Aruna Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Aruna watched as Abishia’s gaze dropped, and then she knew that it must have been obvious that she had been thrown off by her words. She looked away, ashamed that she’d already managed to make the other girl feel guilty or perhaps just uncomfortable. She forced herself to shrug it off, though; as much as she wished she did, she’d never had social skills. She could pretend she knew what she was doing all she wanted, but she still had an extreme lacking in social situations. She probably couldn’t make up for the first four years of her life, but she wanted to try to learn. She didn’t want to make others uncomfortable in any way, and she’d learn tact and, hopefully, how to make others happy.

Aruna glanced back at Abishia when her demeanor changed. It looked as if the younger equine had suddenly relaxed, and though Aruna didn’t know why, she was glad. The painted filly stepped forward and whispered to her, and she felt a chill course through her body. She supposed Abishia was right; if she was going to be a part of a family, then she would have to get used to being called ‘sister’. It wasn’t even a bad thing; in fact, after the initial shock, she was beginning to like the idea. Abishia would be a good sister, she thought. Despite her age, she seemed…well, mature. Aruna was unsure of whether she would even be considered the girl’s theoretical older sister or younger sister. It didn’t matter to her, though; none of it really mattered. The point was that she had a place now, a home. A family. She had air in her lungs and it could be spent talking to the members of this herd, learning about them, telling them about herself rather than talking to herself. It will take work to fit in, but Aruna wasn’t about to complain.

She fell into step beside Abishia, smiling to herself at the thought of arriving in Hidden Falls. She’d meet all of the people that Abishia knew, and she’d get to stay around them. She wouldn’t be a passing stranger; she was going to belong. She pricked her ears as Abishia began speaking again, and she blushed a bit at her words. “Thank you,” she replied, not being used to being complimented. She had to think a bit with Abishia’s final question, though. “What I want to be? Like in the way that you’re an artisan?” She hesitated. “I’m not really sure…I don’t have many skills. Not that I know of, in any case. I’m sure I can learn to do anything that’s needed! I know a bit about healing herbs and the like….” Aruna continued to think for another moment. “I think I’m pretty good at telling stories, and I wouldn’t mind taking care of children if you are in need of a foalsitter.” She shrugged and chuckled. “Honestly, right now I’m just thankful that you would invite me into your herd. I appreciate that very much, Abishia. Thank you.”

@[Abishia]
Sorry it took so long! The end of school is getting very busy and messy.

Messages In This Thread
Fear Not This Night - by Aruna - 05-08-2014, 10:24 PM
RE: Fear Not This Night - by Abishia - 05-09-2014, 07:13 AM
RE: Fear Not This Night - by Aruna - 05-09-2014, 04:44 PM
RE: Fear Not This Night - by Abishia - 05-09-2014, 11:46 PM
RE: Fear Not This Night - by Aruna - 05-10-2014, 04:02 PM
RE: Fear Not This Night - by Abishia - 05-11-2014, 03:54 PM
RE: Fear Not This Night - by Aruna - 05-11-2014, 07:24 PM
RE: Fear Not This Night - by Abishia - 05-12-2014, 02:55 PM
RE: Fear Not This Night - by Aruna - 05-12-2014, 09:42 PM
RE: Fear Not This Night - by Abishia - 05-12-2014, 10:53 PM
RE: Fear Not This Night - by Aruna - 05-14-2014, 08:47 PM