the Rift

[OPEN] destiny left me so empty

Arah Posts: 343
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Wynter :: Royal Griffin :: Draining Clutch Frostie

Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.
The laugh that sounds out is acrimonious, sour and short. Dropping her aurelian scrutiny back to their hooves was to conceal the smile that grazed her chops for only a moment. Assuming the laugh meant that he knew exactly how she felt may be jumping ahead slightly, yet conceivably they shared similar pain. Choosing to trust inherently had it's dangers but before her stood someone who might become her only salvation. "No," oculus snap up to look upon Mauja again. His nostrils had widened, was it in anger? The smile had disappeared with his answer, but not her hope. As he began watching the griffin, it took a moment before Arah removed her inspecting gaze from Mauja onto Wynter. Using those few seconds of reprieve, she looked over his body, his eyes, spots, scars and finally his horn. What on earth was still holding him together? "It sounds so final." An obvious statement however it was honest. Maybe it was the pain that was holding them both together, only she did not know what Mauja suffered from. Now her crowned head cocked to the side as another quick assessment was made of The Frostheart.

Jitters fluttered through her stomach as he took yet a few steps closer. Nevertheless, Arah did not back away, instead she tried to catch his blue stare, wondering if she could look into his soul. Wasn't that the expression? 'The eyes are the windows to the soul.' If he wanted to, he could reach out and touch her, but he kept to himself, did that disappoint her? As if it had a mind of it's own, her dome twitched up and mussel stretched out slightly, closing the distance between them even more. Although she did not make psychical contact, the doe believed she could feel the difference in the space he filled and her own. A smile now picked up the ends of her chops, impossible to notice at a distance; a sign of comfort and possibly permission to close the distance between them completely. Two broken souls seeking comfort from each other, Arah saw nothing wrong with that.

Through this journey, the doe had learnt that the ghosts of your past never truly left you. They shaped and made you into the being that had grown and changed because of each individual experience. She too glanced over to Wynter and gave a light chuckle. "Yes." The griffin splashed into the stream completely oblivious to the others watching her; still unsuccessful in gaining the skill of catching fish. "Wynter. Ignore her, she's a bit of a brat." The song she sang was gentle and full of tender love, clearly stating that Arah loved the griffin no matter what her behaviour was like. They were bonded and shared everything.

Turing back to face the her monarch again, Arah resisted the urge to close the gap between them. How long had it been since psychical comfort had been offered to her? "Mauja."...what? Sighing through a smile, Arah realised that she didn't really have anything else to say. Hurriedly thinking of something the doe blurted the first thing that came to her mind. "I think I'll fight to be happy again." Dropping her gaze so it rested on his chest, she quickly continued. "Once I'm on the right path again."

Lately the feeling of being lost had joined her day to day agony. Where did she truly belong? Who actually wanted her? Where should she be heading? What should she do with her life? So many questions and she did not have an answer for any of them. Swallowing the feeling that she was a disappointment to all those she had promised to serve, Arah raised her eyes again. A gentle breeze picked up a few light strands and tossed them in front of her piercing eyes, breaking the intense feeling of her stare. "Sorry, you were probably expecting a more upbeat conversation."
At the moment, I'm too broken to even remember how to laugh with warmth.

awe <3
And I ain't afraid to die, I’m afraid of going to hell.

✽ Force and magic permitted. ✽
✽ No fatal or permanent damage. ✽
✽ Please only tag in opening posts. ✽

Messages In This Thread
destiny left me so empty - by Mauja - 05-09-2014, 03:38 AM
RE: destiny left me so empty - by Arah - 05-09-2014, 07:15 AM
RE: destiny left me so empty - by Arah - 05-10-2014, 01:46 AM
RE: destiny left me so empty - by Arah - 05-10-2014, 08:35 AM
RE: destiny left me so empty - by Arah - 05-13-2014, 07:11 AM
RE: destiny left me so empty - by Mauja - 05-09-2014, 12:50 PM
RE: destiny left me so empty - by Mauja - 05-10-2014, 07:15 AM
RE: destiny left me so empty - by Mauja - 05-10-2014, 12:38 PM