the Rift

[OPEN] honey, i'm home

Antiope Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Dum-dum. Dum-dum. Dum-dum. Hooves drumming against the grass, carrying my sturdy body as proudly as always, letting me fly without using my wings. This was freedom, being able to run across a meadow without any restrictions or borders, without having a guard constantly following me around so that I wouldn't leave. That had been my life back in Elysia, constantly guarded to protect my precious youth for as long as they could. Twilight's shine showered the meadow in a beautiful, purple light as I ran, warming me with the last rays of the sinking sun. I didn't need protection anymore. I was six years old, tattoo-free and wild as an eagle roaming over the mountaintops - but I was also alone. My sisters had been lost without trace for three years now, too many seasons for me to count, and I would lie if I said I didn't miss them.

They had been my shield, my personal guards, during my three years in Elysia. My playmates and teachers at the same time. Using my wings, I started to slow down and flapped the silver coated feathers against the wind. One thing I loved about myself - one of the only things - were my wings. They were huge, covered in big silver feathers contrasted with chocolate feathers on the inside. I stopped completely and moved my left wing so that I could scratch underneath the base. I wouldn't be Antiope without my wings - that just wouldn't be me. Turning my eyes forward again, I shook my dark head to ruffle the light hairs upon my poll.

It had been almost a year - if not longer - since I had joined the Dragon's Throat here in Helovia. Apodis had disappeared not to long after that, so when the Darkness had shown, I had taken to the skies and escaped. Well, I made it to a small land outside of Helovia where the habitants luckily enough had been friendly towards me. They had been equines just like that dappled stallion, but they welcomed me as one of them. Until of course, one of them had tried to chop my wings off, that was when I had left and returned to Helovia.

As the Princess I actually was - but tried not to admit I was - I was used to horses fighting against me. Some of the slaves in Elysia had even tried to rebel against me, but Mo- Inanna, had thrown them out of the castle to their death everytime. I didn't miss her though. If anything, I would give my life to never see her again, for what she did to my sisters... That was not something I accepted.
With a light sigh, I rose my darkbrown head and slowly wandered towards the Thistle River. It was the second one closest to the Threshold, where I had been just a few days ago after the escape. Under silence, slowly I lowered my dark maw to the water and started to drink, thirsty after my long run. It was fun running, but it was also exhausting as... Well, escaping.

"Talking."
tags // open for anyone!
wordcount // 512
ooc // Antiope is back ;D
background by asphyxiate-stock.deviantart.com

Messages In This Thread
honey, i'm home - by Antiope - 05-10-2014, 08:58 AM
RE: honey, i'm home - by Fraub - 05-10-2014, 05:00 PM
RE: honey, i'm home - by Antiope - 05-19-2014, 02:37 AM