the Rift

The end is only the beginning [Rishi Quest]

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

Dark eyes peer from behind the palest of lashes as the lady watches you, the glimmer of stars lighting strange reflections on her face and figure as they dance their way through the seas and toward the sky. She smiles at your words, but continues her silent song of bringing the stars to meet the lady of the moon as she casts night upon the land of Helovia. "I go by many names," the lady murmurs in response to Rishima's question, even as her harp disappears from her hands in a swirl of starlight and dark shadows.

The woman stands, hovering above the void of dark, her hand calling upward the familiar shape of a steed by her side. The horse is simply black, but his edges seem ill-defined in the dark light of the lavender glow and last remanants of starlight. Apt eyes would not that his chest does not rise with breath, nor does the creature seem to have visible features. "You may call me Nótt," she says, her voice curling over the old Nordic name even as it passed from pale pink lips.

"I am the Keeper of Darkness," she says, her voice a small whisper. "The well of black you see beneath me is the power that feeds all wielders, by the grace of the divine lady you call Luna." A small smile tugged on emotionless lips, a mysterious, veiled expression, not unlike the one worn by the Goddess of the Moon. Graceful hands of milky white slip upward to grab the withers of her stead of night, lifting herself effortlessly to sit upon his back. From her vantage point above the mares now, she speaks: "Follow me."

Her stead carries her swiftly from the ocean tunnel, hoof falls carrying no sound with them. They are expelled onto the now calm, peaceful beach in the night, the stars above them twinkling happily. When the pair of sisters are free of the water, the tunnel collapses, the darkness retreating beneath the water again. "Seekers of the darkness, I was instructed to give you one more lesson of the element before the Moon will grant the wishes in your heart."

"The potential to wield such a power exists in all, but few can truly master the element and all of its implications. What makes them so different?" A hard look from unwavering eyes looks toward the mares, a glint of steel beneath the surface.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The end is only the beginning [Rishi Quest] - by Random Event - 08-25-2012, 06:11 PM