the Rift

[PRIVATE] a letter for my queen.

Lakota the Poisoner Posts: 278
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1hh :: 7 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Aodaun :: Polar Bear :: Terrorize Brit
Lakota
                     Her smile makes you wonder where she's been

She's not blind to the concern flooding his face. It's blatantly obvious, and yet she doesn't change her stance on the matter. It's a sensitive topic, and the tension between Ktulu and Locket was oddly palpable at times. Lakota didn't understand what had turned their once amicable relationship sour, but she didn't want to give Locket any more reason to dislike Ktulu than necessary. She suspected Locket wouldn't comprehend how or why Lakota had forgiven Ktulu. Even though he'd been present to see her mate get turned into a wraith. And it seemed the maiden was no closer to figuring out why they disliked each other so strongly, Locket seemed embarrassed and secretive about the entire topic.

Lakota arched a brow at him, tiara tilting to the side to stare inquisitively at him. "Ktulu is always protective of me. I don't understand." Frowning softly, puzzled by his attempt at an explanation, she wondered if something had happened between the two of them without her being aware. What had caused such wary behavior and distrust between once-kin? But he wasn't forthcoming with any further explanations, so she let the matter drop for the moment.

After all, she had a baby panda to introduce herself to.

Not that she could really focus on that, either, with how he took her by surprise with his compliment. And she doesn't know why he looks so panicked and ashamed as he speaks, breaking off when she finally responds with something other than shock. Why did it matter so much how she responded? Especially when the words popped out of her mouth because he'd surprised her? But there was no need to question it, if he wanted to keep evading the serious matters lurking behind her questions. And especially with the comforted, effervescent smile that bloomed on his face as her words registered. Lakota smiled back, feeling a bit overwhelmed by the sincere glow of his handsome features.

Stepping in beside him, she marveled at the beautiful silky feeling of the curtains ghosting in a sweet caress against the sapphire of her skin. It was amazing, truly. Aodaun was entertained by the swirling colors of the floor, until he caught sight of the little panda child. Approaching, he huffed gently at it, sidling closer on his belly like an eager hound. Lakota laughed and called him away, Ao giving a soft whine before clambering obediently to run around between her legs. The cool flooring and the shade of the rotunda was more than appreciated on the hot day, especially for the thickly furred polar prince. Looking down at Teppei, she smiled wistfully. "It will happen far faster than you realize, Locket. They grow up so fast..." she turned her gaze to Aodaun, who had taken to sprawling on the cool floor, staring at her with bright lime eyes. Love you, Kota. Lakota smiled to herself. I love you too, you big lug.

The intimacy of the moment was broken by the question Locket posed, and yet, stuck in the mood of nostalgia and love, she did not find it hard to be truthful as she still looked at her beloved companion. "I want foals more than anything. My family...as a foal my life was hell. But my siblings are the most important things in all of Loorien to me. I want to be a better mother than mine was, I want a large family to sleep with on cold nights and love." Her voice choked up momentarily and she looked away from Aodaun, gazing out over the river wistfully as she took a moment to collect herself.

"Knowing that Ktulu cannot give me them...it's heartbreaking. All I ever wanted...all I ever wanted was to be called mom." Ashamed of her frankness she closed her eyes, a pained expression falling like a broken heart over her beautiful face.

Credits
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Messages In This Thread
a letter for my queen. - by Locket - 05-10-2014, 08:04 PM
RE: a letter for my queen. - by Lakota - 05-14-2014, 07:25 PM
RE: a letter for my queen. - by Locket - 05-14-2014, 08:33 PM
RE: a letter for my queen. - by Lakota - 06-08-2014, 04:45 PM
RE: a letter for my queen. - by Locket - 06-08-2014, 07:09 PM
RE: a letter for my queen. - by Lakota - 06-12-2014, 10:54 PM
RE: a letter for my queen. - by Locket - 06-17-2014, 09:53 PM
RE: a letter for my queen. - by Lakota - 07-02-2014, 10:30 PM
RE: a letter for my queen. - by Locket - 07-07-2014, 10:21 PM
RE: a letter for my queen. - by Lakota - 07-17-2014, 09:44 PM