the Rift

[PRIVATE] a letter for my queen.

Lakota the Poisoner Posts: 278
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1hh :: 7 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Aodaun :: Polar Bear :: Terrorize Brit
Lakota
                     Her smile makes you wonder where she's been

There is only the dizziness that accompanies the stammered title that slides from his lips, her title. There's nothing else she can do, can think of. All the life she'd ever lived, she'd been aware that love wasn't really in the books for her future. Ithrim had been the only one to truly love her, until Lakota had miraculously been granted Ktulu. And even then, she'd had to go through so many trials just to keep the Constrictor at her side. Sure, there was no regret on her end, but...another suitor? It was enough to make her heart drop in a dizzying swirl, falling into an endless pit as her mind swam. How could anybody possibly love her? Ktulu was different, of course. They were so similar, both understood war and death and the pain of being the black sheep, the one with the poor temper and foul personality. But Locket? Locket was sweet, had been tempered by the dissipation of the Grey. He was too pure for her, too untampered with. Locket deserved a sweet mare with soft words and a docile, shy smile. Not...Lakota.

Aodaun growled softly, clearly displeased with her thoughts concerning herself, but Lakota ignored him. No matter how convoluted her thoughts were, Locket's words couldn't go unanswered, and her head shook with a vehement toss of dark locks. "Love is not shameful, Locket. You should never hide it, even if...even if it is affection for someone already taken." Voice trembled and hesitated as she continued on, but she soldiered through it stubbornly, eyes burning with violet fires. But even that could not last in the face of Locket's blatant adoration, and she son recoiled back into her shell of insecure indecisiveness. Such straightforward proclamations...Lakota was left fumbling for words.

In time she found them, and her eyes hardened and face turned to stone, carved from ebony. "I am no angel, Locket. I killed my father, I slaughtered innocent people under his orders to expand our kingdom. I was the reason my first true love was killed in front of me, no matter how I knew he would die I still attempted to pursue a life I didn't deserve. I have poisoned, tortured, and dismembered. I am no angel. I am the closest thing to a devil that can walk this earth, and Ktulu is one of the few strong enough to shoulder the curse that is loving me." For that she loved Ktulu in turn, for not shying away from her bloodied past. For being powerful and stubborn enough to remain with Lakota no matter what. But Locket needed to dispel the idea that Lakota was anything more than a murderer.

She didn't so much as deserve his sympathy, or a second glance, much less his love.

His words fall into self-hatred, degrading himself shameless before her. Sighing she stared down at her hooves, tiring of Aodaun's irritated objections and blocking him from her head. Of course he wouldn't understand, he loved her unconditionally. But even so Lakota couldn't let Locket treat himself as such, not over her.

"You are not a fuck up, Locket. Love...love is the only emotion that is pure, that is untainted. Don't hate yourself for experiencing such an amazing thing, no matter how it turns out. But you cannot hold me on a pedestal I don't belong on...I can't let you love me when I would only ruin you." The storm clouds seem to echo the sentiment, rain washing up and slickening the stone floor, whipping the banners about with the flourishing wind. But her irritation is swept away in the face of his dejected posture, and she nervously reached forth to touch her muzzle to the base of his forehead in hopes of comforting him.

"I will not simply forget you, nor deny your presence simply because you hold feelings for me. That would be cruel and unwarranted. It is a compliment to be loved, is it not? You are my friend, and I will not simply let you dissolve like a once-met acquaintance." Was that soothing in any way, despite the firmness of her tone? Would it comfort him or hurt him to know she wouldn't leave his side? It seemed no matter which path she attempted to take, she would inevitably end up hurting him.

Credits
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Messages In This Thread
a letter for my queen. - by Locket - 05-10-2014, 08:04 PM
RE: a letter for my queen. - by Lakota - 05-14-2014, 07:25 PM
RE: a letter for my queen. - by Locket - 05-14-2014, 08:33 PM
RE: a letter for my queen. - by Lakota - 06-08-2014, 04:45 PM
RE: a letter for my queen. - by Locket - 06-08-2014, 07:09 PM
RE: a letter for my queen. - by Lakota - 06-12-2014, 10:54 PM
RE: a letter for my queen. - by Locket - 06-17-2014, 09:53 PM
RE: a letter for my queen. - by Lakota - 07-02-2014, 10:30 PM
RE: a letter for my queen. - by Locket - 07-07-2014, 10:21 PM
RE: a letter for my queen. - by Lakota - 07-17-2014, 09:44 PM