the Rift

[PRIVATE] a letter for my queen.

Lakota the Poisoner Posts: 278
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1hh :: 7 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Aodaun :: Polar Bear :: Terrorize Brit
Lakota
                     Her smile makes you wonder where she's been

There is nothing left for her to run from, no demons snapping upon her heels or broken memories of relationships she was cursed to ruin. Swept from darkness and doubt with the return of the sun, she had been reunited with the one maiden who made life worth living. The fates had crafted her a perfect fit after Ithrim's death, and perhaps it was her bittersweet reward for making it through her first lover's ending. But even with a home and the potential of family, friends, and kinship...the Poisoner wanted one last trip to assuage her worries. What if she was useless, with the blessing of a medic no longer within her grasp? And if the Edge dwellers did not accept her? The sapphire sweetheart feared the possibility of such a thing, wanting Ktulu to have a home again, and not have to be driven out because of her inherently guarded and venomous nature.

Sighing softly, she peered inwards and knew that while such fears were legitimate, they were also unlikely. Despite this awareness, her mind was fogged, and her frustration with it had reached its peak. And so with a soft explanation and a few lingering nuzzles against her mate, reluctant to leave Ktulu but eager to be free of the borders, she had departed. The Poisoner hadn't intended to go far, but with each step she felt calmer, enjoying the lighthearted exploration with Aodaun at her side. He gazed up at her, bright lime eyes loving, and she smiled down at him in return.

As her gaze slid away, she frowned softly at the horizon, which was spilling vibrant hues of orange and pink across the traditionally cerulean expanse. Time had slipped by quickly, despite their brisk pace, and she knew Ktulu would worry if she was not back before the lunar sphere rose to her peak. Humming softly to herself in contemplation, she flicked her tail, sending a gleam of color down the silken black threads. "We'll head home after seeing the Rotunda, maybe?" She glanced down at Aodaun, awaiting his answer and laughing delightedly when he answered with a throaty bark that was sure to echo alongside her chiming laughter. They did not desire to conceal themselves, after all. Let passerby stare or startle, let them seek out the bonded pair, the blue babe did not fear their judgement nor their annoyance.

Instead, the two gaze upon the structure itself, new to their eyes. Lakota gasps softly at the explosion of color reflected in the pales of the stone, the kaleidoscope floor, the gleaming threads of precious ore intertwined in the heart of the structure's material. They are on the opposite side of the creek that the structure is astride, but it is a minor obstacle at best, and with a delighted sound she lifted her legs and began to prance towards the shimmering stretch of happily gurgling water. Aodaun is making an odd, amusing sound half between roaring and growling as he lopes beside her. She can't help the laughter that falls from her lips at the sound, effervescent and carefree like golden bubbles trailing out of a child's wand. After all, there's nobody around to judge her, and as the pair crash wildly into the water she muses that even if there was she wouldn't have cared.

If they were so stupid as to assume a strong, naturally cold persona could not cry and laugh with ease like any naive youth, it was not her problem. They were all mortal, after all. Polar prince at her side they drift through the water together, just deep enough for her hooves to lift from the earth as they stride about with strong kicks. They float languidly along, completely oblivious to the stallion gazing out into the distance, hidden by the lengthening shadows and the obstruction of the rotunda.

Credits

Messages In This Thread
a letter for my queen. - by Locket - 05-10-2014, 08:04 PM
RE: a letter for my queen. - by Lakota - 05-14-2014, 07:25 PM
RE: a letter for my queen. - by Locket - 05-14-2014, 08:33 PM
RE: a letter for my queen. - by Lakota - 06-08-2014, 04:45 PM
RE: a letter for my queen. - by Locket - 06-08-2014, 07:09 PM
RE: a letter for my queen. - by Lakota - 06-12-2014, 10:54 PM
RE: a letter for my queen. - by Locket - 06-17-2014, 09:53 PM
RE: a letter for my queen. - by Lakota - 07-02-2014, 10:30 PM
RE: a letter for my queen. - by Locket - 07-07-2014, 10:21 PM
RE: a letter for my queen. - by Lakota - 07-17-2014, 09:44 PM