the Rift

[PRIVATE] sometimes i wish i could save you

Evangeline the Pure Posts: 199
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 :: 10
Tallis :: Common Orange Dragon :: Fire Breath & Toxic Breath ali
Evangeline
you always want what you're running from

Her ears tilted forward as Torleik offered an explanation of why Steiner had given her Tallis' egg. His reasoning made sense and it made her feel bad that she had given him nothing in return. He had fought and bled for something to make her happy and all she'd done was thank him and heal his wounds. What could she have given him, though? She could not create anything and had no item besides the owl feather in her mane to give him. At that time the owl feather had been important to her because she'd found it with Validino and he'd stuck it in her mane. The realization that the feather still clung to the silken strands of her mane made her frown. She needed to get rid of it when she was finished speaking with Torleik. She wanted no reminder of the stallion that had started a family with her and left her behind.

The frown disappeared and Evangeline's expression returned to one of neutrality as Torleik began answering her question of his and Irelyn's bond. It seemed to be the same as her's was with Tallis. "I do." She answered his followup question. "When Tallis was young I would get flashes of color. As he got older he was able to show me scenery, other horses, animals." She smiled. "When he learned to speak it was hard getting him to stop." The dragon stirred as he slept on her back and eventually rolled so he was laying on his back with his belly up in the air.

"Its hard not being the only one inside of your head." She mused. "Sometimes I forget he's there until he comments on something that I'm thinking about, but I've never been able to shut him out of my head. I've tried but it only makes him upset." One thing she didn't like to do was make the dragon upset because he was a jerk when he was. He would pinch and prick her with his claws when she did something to upset him, but when someone else did he tried to set them on fire much like he had done Ampere and Ruske.

"When I first came back to Helovia I was assaulted in the Threshold by a pegasus mare." Eva said. "She didn't like the fact that Tallis and I are bonded and actually told me that I should kill myself. Have you had the misfortune of running into her yet?"

"."

and you know this is more than you can take
full image/stock credits

Messages In This Thread
sometimes i wish i could save you - by Evangeline - 05-10-2014, 09:01 PM
RE: sometimes i wish i could save you - by Evangeline - 05-29-2014, 08:28 PM