[PRIVATE] sometimes i wish i could save you

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod
Torleik
A lone man loved by none:

How long can he live?

The Bloodskald noted the frown that painted Evangeline's face and his thoughts pressed him to ask what it was for. Politeness shut the gates on that road of inquiry; he didn't know her well enough to probe for what memories and musings lurked behind her visage. Not that it mattered much, as their conversation quickly and easily continued, the topic continually that of their bonded companions. Interesting, Torleik mused, that Tallis began with seeing colors. Irelyn had always been adept at transmitting images, even if they were fragmented and blurry - but perhaps that was because she was a bird of prey (mostly in nature, at least). He didn't know how dragons functioned or how they operated, if they thought and worked like birds, or if they were more like land animals equipped with wings.

"I've always gotten images from Irelyn, though they have gotten progressively clearer as the months have gone on," the stallion rumbled with a small shrug, and smiled when Eva said Tallis talked too much now. "She is surprisingly silent in my head - until she is not. That is the way with birds, though, isn't it?" They were utterly silent until they were screeching incessantly.

The dual-horned demon nodded at the mare's observation about no longer having solitude within their heads. "I feel her always, but then again, I was somewhat of a loner among my own people at home. I am used to utter silence in my own mind, so her small weight is noticeable." Torleik glanced at his bonded, watching her preen. "I don't try to shut her out so much as spare her the overwhelming nature of another's emotions. Adults can barely handle the verbal weight of them in relationships - what can a child do upon feeling those emotions as if the sensations are their own?" he queried. For a fighter, he had always been a thoughtful man and would have much preferred to be a scholar when he was young. But his build and the lack of such a position amongst his people forced him down the same path as every other male: warrior and a secondary occupation.

Torleik had taken to absorbing the orally recited stories around their campfires and at their Things and during their celebrations. If he could not be a scholar, he would be a historian of sorts. His silent descent into thought seemed to prompt a shift in conversation from Evangeline, and his eyes flicked up to her face when she asked about a pegasus mare who hated those that bonded to companions.

The look on his face conveyed the same emotion one might feel upon stepping in a disgusting pile of feces or decayed remains; the indignant rage of something so filthy touching you, yet the resignation that, dammit, you'd have to deal with it now. "Ampere." His voice was flat, hard-edged with derision. "I was chosen over her to take care of Irelyn. I would not be surprised if she holds a grudge. I shudder to think what she might have done with the egg if I hadn't managed to make myself a better option..." Torleik trailed, the thought unpleasant.

@[Evangeline]

"talk talk talk"
'Mental talking'
Thoughts

Credits: Image by Eagle
[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!

Messages In This Thread
sometimes i wish i could save you - by Evangeline - 05-10-2014, 09:01 PM
RE: sometimes i wish i could save you - by Torleik - 06-22-2014, 06:52 PM