[PRIVATE] sometimes i wish i could save you

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod
Torleik
A lone man loved by none:

How long can he live?

From the Basin, the Bloodskald had headed southwest, rather aimlessly. It was spring, and he felt a sort of wanderlust take hold of him, forcing his icy hooves to tramp the dirt and grass and rocks and sand of Helovia. Back home, when spring came, they would travel to the other bands of unicorns and trade, swap stories, reconnect after the isolation of the harsh winters. Once, just before his home had been destroyed, he had traveled to their sacred temple and witnessed the sacrifices and rites of worship his people practiced every nine years.

That had been a happy spring. The air still cold, light snow still falling, but the streams and plants thawed and beginning to peak through towards new life. He'd traveled with his family, enjoyed the time spent with them, been surprised by their religious rites and the bloodshed involved, but it had been his life. It had been what he was comfortable with, defined who he was, what he was.

This place...it was certainly not home, but it was also not something else. It was not part of him; it held no deep significance to him. Perhaps that was because he had formed few indelible memories among the various regions, but everyone here was like him: an outsider - with the exception of the children born in this place, of course.

Torleik sighed, looking around. He'd wandered without consciously paying attention and now found himself in what appeared to be a very serene place. The trees hung their branches low, and the warm spring air was cooled here. The animals seemed to have fallen into a softer timbre of natural cacophony, and the picturesque lake coming into view seemed necessary to complete this place. But where was he? He'd never been here before. Irelyn was hungry and off hunting bugs and small vermin to fill her stomach, and in a way, Torleik felt blind. She often spotted oncoming others far before he could; without her, he was very much left to his own senses - which were inferior to his owl-griffin's in some many ways.

A voice reached his ears and the rabicano stallion turned, audits swiveling curiously. It was a female voice, but he heard no others. She seemed to be...talking to herself, perhaps? Torleik wouldn't judge for that. Gods knew he'd done that many times. As she finally emerged from the blanket of trees that hid her from his view, the stallion realized he had seen this mare before the last time he had wandered and discovered the massive glass wall at the borders of the World's Edge. However, he couldn't recall her name. She had been one to come forth and chastise that vamr Lace...

He'd never gotten the chance to properly, personally thank her, he felt. So, picking up his magical hooves, Torleik made his way towards the mare, catching the tail end of her conversation with herself. She looked up then, however, and so did he - and saw the dragon above. That was...unfortunate, he thought, approaching more cautiously. This woman had been discussing violence, likely with her bonded dragon, and that did not bode well.

"Violence is sometimes the only answer," Torleik rumbled towards her. "However an unpleasant answer it may be. We've...met before. At the glass wall. You were kind to me, when the others were not." He paused, looking over the equine in front of him. She had a simplistic, elegant beauty to the lines of her face and body, an appearance that was easy on the eyes. "I wanted to thank you for your defense; it was appreciated. I confess I did not catch your name then. I am Torleik," he offered politely.

@[Evangeline]
-------------------------------------------------
OOC: Wherever it fits in your timeline! No worries. I'm putting this before Torleik travels further south to the rotunda and meets Brisa and Ophelia again. Also, tagging just in case. If you don't want me to in the future, just let me know. I don't mind being tagged either way.

"talk talk talk"
'Mental talking'
Thoughts

Credits: Image by Eagle
[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!

Messages In This Thread
sometimes i wish i could save you - by Evangeline - 05-10-2014, 09:01 PM
RE: sometimes i wish i could save you - by Torleik - 05-11-2014, 05:11 PM