the Rift

[PRIVATE] sometimes i wish i could save you

Evangeline the Pure Posts: 199
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 :: 10
Tallis :: Common Orange Dragon :: Fire Breath & Toxic Breath ali
Evangeline
you always want what you're running from
Tallis did not agree with Evangeline that violence was never the answer and she could feel it because of their bond, but rather than argue with her he warned her of the approaching stallion. "Stallion. Black. Big." From above he could not easily spot the horns he sported and without that tidbit of information Evangeline's heart began to beat a little faster. "Roanne?" She asked him even though she knew that he would have said her friend's name if it was him. "No." Came the dragon's answer and she sighed quietly, her disappointment making her heart sink. She was beginning to think that she'd never find her friend.

"Violence is sometimes the only answer,"

Evangeline frowned and turned her head in the direction the voice had come from. She immediately recognized the stallion, though it had been an unpleasant situation in which she had met him. In all honesty she had been appalled by the welcome he had received from a herd that had claimed to want peace among species. "You didn't resort to violence in the Edge when you could have." Eva pointed out. She had been impressed by his control in the face of such an unwelcoming and hostile crowd.

The mare nodded her head as he introduced himself and admitted that he did not catch her name. "I am Evangeline." "The Pure." Tallis echoed and the mare rolled her eyes. "Evangeline the Pure." She said to appease the dragon. "Most just call me Eva. And you're welcome." She said in response to his thanks. "I'm sorry for the way they treated you, it was wholly uncalled for." That one situation had made the mare reconsider if she really wanted to live in the Edge. At that moment she'd never thought she'd ever been surrounded by a bigger bunch of hypocrites, but they seemed to have changed with the change in leadership. She could only hope that the change would be permanent.

Overhead Tallis continued to circle but he gradually dropped in altitude until he settled his weight on Evangeline's back. He chirped quietly as he clambered up her neck to peer at the stallion from between her ears. "His name is Tallis." She said. "He's been with me for ... several years now." "Hello." "He says hello."

"."

and you know this is more than you can take
full image/stock credits

Messages In This Thread
sometimes i wish i could save you - by Evangeline - 05-10-2014, 09:01 PM
RE: sometimes i wish i could save you - by Evangeline - 05-11-2014, 06:43 PM