[PRIVATE] sometimes i wish i could save you

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod
Torleik
A lone man loved by none:

How long can he live?

"Yes, I was," he agreed, listening to Evangeline continue assessing the situation, questioning how he thought that particular instance didn't call for violence. And for Torleik, the answer was so simple and so clear that he wished she could see in his mind why there was no way he could have let that moment devolve into a fight. Torleik smiled just a little, understanding how she could be confused; but he was not. "I could not have risked putting Irelyn in that sort of danger. She was but a hatchling, on her first real exploration around Helovia. I had to do whatever necessary to keep her safe, and Lace's dragon was a threat to that." Did it make sense to her now? He would have taken wounds and burns if it meant Irelyn would have been all right, but luckily it did not come to that, thanks to ones like Eva and Kaj.

Torleik shrugged a little as the mare mused aloud that she didn't understand their reasoning. "I was less offended by the assumption of my vile nature than by the continual abuse when I proved I was just wandering through, was too new to this place to know of their prior herd altercations, and found their wall to be a great marvel," Torleik stated. "But ignorance is blind, and fools even more so." His smile was tight now. "I cannot say I would have a reason to visit unless I was conducting business, but thank you, regardless."

Their companions caught wind of each other around that time, and Torleik was deeply amused as the dragon climbed rather gracelessly all the way onto Evangeline's face to cautiously, curiously inspect Irelyn. His owl-griffin gripped one of his horns for comfort and a firm anchor and leaned out a little herself, though her avian eyes could clearly see all the detail on Tallis already; they could do so from much further away as well. She flattened herself to Torleik's head a little when the orange, scaled beast suddenly took to the sky momentarily and landed on Evangeline's back. "Irelyn is an owl griffin. Part owl, part feline, I believe," he answered, inquiring then about Tallis' skills and taking a step back out of ingrained fear when the mare answered her dragon breathed fire. To make matters worse, Tallis puffed out smoke from his nostrils, and Torleik's ears flattened straight back to his thick skull.

Irelyn began to purr loudly in an effort to calm her bonded down, realizing that he was afraid of fire, and worrying that if she did that thing again where she suddenly dripped liquid flame from her body, he would hate her and fear her and never be close to her again. Torleik cleared his throat and glanced away, a little embarrassed by his inability to remain stoic in the face of a small but firebreathing dragon. "She's still young, so we aren't quite sure - but the other day, liquid fire fell from her talons, beak and wings. Luckily it rained and stopped any damage to the tree she was on and the grass below," he shared.

Torleik eyed Tallis warily. Not only could the dragon breathe fire, but a toxic cloud as well. That was...unsettling.

@[Evangeline]

"talk talk talk"
'Mental talking'
Thoughts

Credits: Image by Eagle
[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!

Messages In This Thread
sometimes i wish i could save you - by Evangeline - 05-10-2014, 09:01 PM
RE: sometimes i wish i could save you - by Torleik - 05-11-2014, 11:46 PM