the Rift

[PRIVATE] sometimes i wish i could save you

Evangeline the Pure Posts: 199
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 :: 10
Tallis :: Common Orange Dragon :: Fire Breath & Toxic Breath ali
Evangeline
you always want what you're running from

"I see." Came Evangeline's answer as Torleik explained why exactly he could not have allowed that situation to end in violence. She understood the necessity of keeping a companion safe, she'd done things she never would have to ensure Tallis was safe when he'd been a hatchling. "Would have protected her." Tallis said as he watched the young griffin. "No harm come to her." "Tallis says he would have protected your Irelyn. There is nothing he hates more than a young companion being picked on by an older one." Evangeline said, though she knew the time had already passed and her assurance was probably worthless.

"Dragons are classed by color. The color of Lace's dragon is the bottom of the totem pole, so to speak. Tallis is somewhere in the middle. And then there are the silver, bronze, and gold who are the kings and queens. They all shove their weight around when the time comes and put each other in their place." So if the situation had called for it Tallis would have shoved his weight around and protected the young Irelyn.

"I have no excuse for they way they treated you other than ignorance." She said. "I found it hypocritical that a herd could preach peace and welcome you so poorly." She, herself, was not one to readily trust but even she could see that Torleik was simply marveling at the glass wall that Kahlua had built. Evangeline frowned as she thought the the glazier that had become queen. She was unsure if the mare was fit for the role because of how she had been so easily carried away by Lace's antics. She worried that it could happen again because of the queen being so impressionable. "I cannot say I blame you for not wanting to come back. I wouldn't either."

Evangeline's head tilted as Torleik moved backward when she spoke of Tallis' abilities. The puff of smoke didn't help matters any. "Tallis is no threat to you." She assured the stallion. "Unless you are a threat to me." She didn't believe that Torleik was a threat and neither did Tallis. The dragon had only been demonstrating his ability because Torleik had asked.

"She's still young, so we aren't quite sure - but the other day, liquid fire fell from her talons, beak and wings."

"Ohh." Evangeline murmured as she looked at the griffin. "That's .. interesting." And potentially very dangerous. "How did you come across her?"

"."

and you know this is more than you can take
full image/stock credits

Messages In This Thread
sometimes i wish i could save you - by Evangeline - 05-10-2014, 09:01 PM
RE: sometimes i wish i could save you - by Evangeline - 05-12-2014, 11:04 PM