the Rift

[OPEN] nine in the afternoon

Azarel Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Azarel
if love is what you need, a soldier I will be
If Mother found out what I was doing, she would ground me for the rest of my life, because... I hadn't exactly told her that I had left the Hidden Falls to explore. But I was also kind of grown up, right? I mean, I was so much taller than Mother now, even taller than Destry. And Aslan had grown too, because he had open eyes now - they were seriously so cool, all golden and shimmery - and even if we couldn't communicate yet, I knew what he was feeling at different times and stuff. He was my bonded, just like I was his and I hoped so badly that he still would like to be a part of me when we grew older. I took in a deep breath, smelling the wondrous saltiness of the Endless Blue and the dryness of the sand my hooves were deeply sunken into, and smiled. Just like many moons before, the great big celestial body hovered in the sky and gave me light to see where I was going. The Moon was beautiful, as anything, and it gave me strength. It made me feel full of hope, even if sometimes there was none to be found. This night was Aslan's and mine, just ours to enjoy as he lied on my back to meow from time to time.

"You know, Aslan, I'm glad I found you. Or, you found me." My smile got wider and I gazed out over the great water, sighing happily. "I don't know what to do with my family, Aslan. Mother is broken, sister is lonely - I can see it in her eyes - and father is gone. What do I do? Take his place?" I turned my head so that I could look at the lion cub with my red, normal eye. "But I can't take father's place. He was... Dad. I'm just Azarel - the golden boy." I chuckled quietly. "That's what Mother calls me. Her golden boy." A sudden wind took hold of my mane, letting the red and purple tips dance in the moonlight. "I wonder why Mother's always so sad when she sees me or sis... Do you think it's because we kinda look like Dad?" I asked, but as always, there was no reply. Only a meow and a wet touch from the cub's nose. "I know." I sighed.

"We do look like Dad, that's the sad part. He was like... The color of the sun right before sunset. Like a little brighter than me in this light." I looked down at my dark legs, turning my ears back to pin them against my poll, but was stopped when I felt the feathers ruffling underneath. Dad. He was always with me, I knew that. "I know that Dad's still around. Not like us, of course because he died and all, but in here." I looked down at my chest, smiling slightly. "And I know he's watching over me, sis and Mother. I can just feel it." My mismatched gaze fell on the moon, staring at it with a small spark of hope in my eyes. "Dad, we miss you. Please, come back." Those were my last words before I sighed and took a few steps back to lie down, feeling the sand crunch around me.

This was our night. Our night to enjoy, to bathe in the moonlight and just hope that father heard me.

"Talking."

ooc: Open for everyone <3
wordcount: 569
tags: Open.

Messages In This Thread
nine in the afternoon - by Azarel - 05-12-2014, 02:12 PM
RE: nine in the afternoon - by Abishia - 05-12-2014, 07:34 PM
RE: nine in the afternoon - by Azarel - 05-13-2014, 01:18 AM
RE: nine in the afternoon - by Abishia - 05-13-2014, 01:26 PM