the Rift

[PRIVATE] A New Beginning

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
NAME
Quiet steps had pulled Res's attention back towards the borders. Sleep, rest, calm - they had all been evading her as of late, and nothing seemed to really assist with these nerves. Gently, she pulled forward and eased her way out of the shadows that housed the direction of her herb garden. There, before her, was Aaron, Kahlua, Kaj, and Dragomir. But, there was also a mare she couldn't quite recall. A vague image of her in a herd meeting before the darkness had fallen circled through her brain, but alas - that was all.

Gently, she moved forward, uncertain steps moving her towards her place near Kaj. He was her safety when Quilyan was busy - for she knew that she could not be near both of them all the time, but she would be near them as she could. It is the trail end of Kaj's words that she catches, and a sadness befalls her eyes. He's leaving... Shattered thoughts twirl around her mind her breath caught in her throat as she stands there simply staring. Her family. Her family, it was breaking apart.

She can't breathe - she can't think. First Mirage. Now Aaron. Who next? Who else would leave them?

She can't focus. No. Valiance is poking her poll with his talons, trying to get her attention - trying to get her to speak. He can feel the distress she is under, but she is so far gone that she doesn't feel anything. It's as if she is controlled by something else, the fear keeping a hold of her.

It is only when Valiance moves to her withers and digs his talons in - drawing blood - that Resplendence even shifts in movement, almost gasping to fill her lungs with oxygen and realizing she had been standing there frozen beside Kaj for probably too long. Broken eyes finally manage to move up - to meet Aaron's own orbs if he would allow it - as she swallows before allowing herself to speak. "I-I. Aaron... are you... are you r-really leaving?" She knows she cannot ask him to say - just like she knows no one could make her leave her family - but it is shattering her heart. "You're... you're my family... even with our rocky start. Please... do re-remember th-that..."

Would he even care? Did he even consider each one of them standing there as family? Res didn't know who even liked her here - who even wanted to be around her. But, the thought of her family breaking tore her more than anyone could ever know.

It was her one real weakness. It was the one thing that could break her...

insert really really sad res
HealeR
world's edge
Image Credit
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Messages In This Thread
A New Beginning - by Aaron - 05-13-2014, 01:26 AM
RE: A New Beginning - by Kimber - 05-13-2014, 01:38 AM
RE: A New Beginning - by Kahlua - 05-13-2014, 04:43 PM
RE: A New Beginning - by Dragomir - 05-14-2014, 04:05 PM