[OPEN] First star I see tonight

Cera the Golden Prince Posts: 419
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.3hh :: 6 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Ilaria :: Red Panda :: Heal Brit

C e r a</style>
          & Ilaria
Tired little laughs, gold-lie promises, we'll always win at this

Somewhere upon the sands, a magnolia tree shaded the clay that rested at its base, a home to a stallion that had long since grown out of foalhood. Memories were embedded in every branch and flowering bud, notches in wood that signified the moments in his life that had led him down the path he had ended up taking. A ladder of events that marked his growth, for it had beneath that magnolia's shade that Cera had grown up. After they had been driven beneath the earth, sunless and scared, Cera had gazed forlornly down at the sand that used to house such weighted tracks. For so long now, only his prints were the ones that remained, found returning to the home that Midas had raised him into. Tracks that once belonged to his father no longer depressed the sand, all traces of life aside Cera's and Ilaria's removed. As if Midas had never existed.

It had been nigh unbearable to return and sleep beneath its boughs without his father. But time had eased the hurt. And when he had returned home with questions answered and hope defeated, it had been Amani he had reunited with. And now the sands had two pairs of hooves once more to grace its surface. Together they banished each other's loneliness, and in tribute to his father, Cera began to raise her and impart in her the same lessons he had been taught.

That evening he had drawn himself up early from rest, Ilaria remaining behind with Amani as Fina always had for Cera, ensuring she would not wake up alone if she stirred during the night. The breathtaking view of the constellations was obstructed by the clouds that loved to gather for spring storms and sudden monsoons, shielding the moonsilver light that could have guided him. Mornings and afternoons were spent with Amani, and so Cera would not sacrifice their time together so soon after she had decided to follow him home. He craved the heat of the shrine he so often visited, on lonely nights and days of praise in which he graciously thanked the heavenly god of light and warmth for what had been gifted to him.

It was a travel well-known but shortly done, the flames an inviting glow nearby. The closer he became to the heart of it the warmer his body grew, chasing away the night chill that so often pervaded the desert. Knees bent and bowed reverently, head dipping to press muzzle to the amulet Amani had filled for him, the first step of the quest the Sun God had bestowed upon him. Cera would show him that it was not a mistake, choosing the painted youth to carry out his commands. He would prove himself worthy of the gift, the honor, the Sun Lord intended to give him should his trials be completed.

It was unknown how many hours slipped by as he stared peacefully into the flames, a peace broken only by a soft shout across the sands. "Stay!" Cera's harks lifted in attentiveness, the voice familiar enough for him to recall a name; Africa. Intrigued and perhaps a touch concerned, no other words forthcoming from the darkness, the youth rocked to his hooves and set out across the sands with the flames at his back. Africa was illuminated only slightly by the reach of the light from the fire, but her form was easily found. The other stallion was unknown to him, nameless, but he suspected in time titles would be traded.

"Evening, m'lady," he greeted softly, announcing his presence with a prior soft whicker. "Is your mind ill at ease?" Concern crinkles his vibrant green gaze, pale ivory lashes framing them as he sweeps over her form to ensure she is uninjured. A smile is directed towards Dalibor, a tilt of his head encouraging the other brute to come along with the two of them. It was presumably the fires that Africa had traveled to see, after all.

-----
I don't know if he's aware of being Diviner or not here <3 I can easily make it so! Your choice dearest. Also yay for Cera muse!

@[Dalibor] and @[Africa]

image credits
table by whit
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!

Messages In This Thread
First star I see tonight - by Africa - 05-13-2014, 09:13 PM
RE: First star I see tonight - by Dalibor - 05-13-2014, 09:46 PM
RE: First star I see tonight - by Africa - 05-15-2014, 12:07 AM
RE: First star I see tonight - by Cera - 05-16-2014, 07:47 PM
RE: First star I see tonight - by Dalibor - 05-30-2014, 12:19 AM
RE: First star I see tonight - by Africa - 06-01-2014, 05:51 AM
RE: First star I see tonight - by Cera - 06-13-2014, 04:01 PM
RE: First star I see tonight - by Dalibor - 08-19-2014, 04:40 PM