the Rift

Lost claws, paws, and magic(mobiles?)

Tiergra Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

TIERGRA
curiosity . . .

A flash of orange, a glint of green- barely seen amidst the thick forest. Had you really seen anything? The dappled sunlight, already muted by heavy clouds, can easily play tricks on the eyes. Perhaps it was just a bird or other forest dwell-
snap
Emerald eyes widen and snap down to the broken twig that betrayed her stealthy presence in the underbrush. Those same bejeweled eyes then shrink to slits and she narrows her gaze on her cloven hoof. Hoof? Confused, accusatory glare intensifies as her slit pupils constrict to lethal black lines in a sea of green, I don’t have hooves. Small head moves in a blur of burnt copper, black, and white as she checks her other three distal appendages. Sure enough, I have hooves. The disdain was so think within her head that it almost leaked out of her horn and spilled out into a pool of noxious, yellow goop on the deciduous forest floor. A long, leonine tail started twitching behind her, its black-tufted tip blurring in a fast tempo displeasure. Tiergra lifted her black-and-white-stockinged foreleg, bringing her black muzzle close to inspect it with delicate nostrils flared wide. She snorted, finding that at least the underside was well cushioned for stalking quietly (if not silently as her paws had allowed), and the edges and points were sharp (but still a poor replacement for her razor, amberglass claws. How will I hunt with th-

Suddenly, the dappled light dims to a gloom, interrupting her scrutiny of her new appendages, these things?, her thought finishes as she quietly replaces her cloves back into the rich soil and decay. At least that made no noise. Green, feline lamps shone in the darkness of the afternoon, and though she had no problem seeing in the low light, she called light to her amberglass horn out of habit. Well, she attempted to call light to the long, glass spear that erupted from her forehead. But nothing happened, no eerie, yellow hue illuminated the forest around her. Nothing. It was then that a smidgen of discomfort crept it’s way into her cool consciousness. The striking white beneath her eyes curved as her eyes widened once again, jaded spheres starkly offset by the white eyeliner and enlarged black pupils. A ripple traveled fluidly along her black striped, copper coat which seemed to fit loosely on her angular, thin frame. The tail now flicked ferociously to and fro, writhing like an angry snake about her sinewy haunches and long hind legs.

Her head flew up, ears flicking around in flashes of black, orange, and white. Nostrils flared. She was attempted to take in the forest with every sense available to her in the strange realm. Her senses seemed dulled here, Or are they normal now that I have no magic? How dull. The bird songs seemed to have fewer notes, the smells less vivacious. But her eyes seemed to be picking out details and, if anything, the colors were a brighter, bolder, even in the shadows. She sighed, her neck coming down to its its low balance between her bony scapulas. Her furry black mane resettled along her crest as she started forward once more, now walking up to the base of a larger pine tree. The delicate, white coat of her under-jaw and throat were exposed as she tilted her poll back to look up the tree.

"I suppose this means no climbing,” a throaty, deeply feminine voice slips smoothly into the darkness, despite the obvious displeasure laced through the words. She rocks back to her haunches, lifting her forelegs to bring her hooves to rest on the coarse bark. The sensitive new pads on her feet felt the scrape of the wood more sharply than she would have liked. These new feet had better not slow her down. Her displeasure and not being able to climb reverberated in her ribby barrel, through her chest, and escaped from her mouth as a low snar- neigh?!

Tiergra trumpeted louder in response to this most recent discovery, and dropped back down to all four legs. She may snarl, growl, roar, and maybe even bellow if the circumstances deemed it necessary. But she most certainly did not neigh. ”Absurd,” she bit out acidly to the darkness. Her tail wrapped around to her right flank to console her, tip twitching in agreement. ”What is this forsaken realm?” her question was illuminated by a flash of lightning from the clouds, their bellies full of water.

I think.
"I speak."
ooc | Yay! First post! It felt so good (if painstakingly long) to write this! :D
Also, I couldn't help myself with the title. I love that movie ;)
edit | So after reading further about all the lovely herds, I think Basin is probably the place for her conniving-ness :]

Messages In This Thread
Lost claws, paws, and magic(mobiles?) - by Tiergra - 05-14-2014, 01:29 AM
RE: Lost claws, paws, and magic(mobiles?) - by Tiergra - 05-15-2014, 12:54 AM
RE: Lost claws, paws, and magic(mobiles?) - by Tiergra - 06-02-2014, 10:01 AM
RE: Lost claws, paws, and magic(mobiles?) - by Tiergra - 06-08-2014, 01:35 AM