the Rift

[OPEN] storm warning [joining]

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali

Our trek from the ocean to the Dragon's Throat was a slow and arduous one that involved a lot of stop and go once I discovered the soreness of Ryuu's hooves. I didn't understand at first why he would try to keep it a secret from me and when it finally dawned on me I felt particularly dumb. He was probably terrified that I would abandon him for for having a flaw. I assumed it was what his mother did and why he had kept telling me that he wasn't beautiful. I wouldn't do it. I couldn't. I refused to abandon him. I had made a promise to myself and to him that I would protect him and keep him safe. His hooves were only a minor setback, as far as I was concerned. I don't think he understood that his disability didn't make him worthless.

We made many stops on the way so he could rest his hooves and steal a quick nap. I was in no particular rush to get to the Throat and would rather him get there and be healthy than rush and injure him in the process. I actually stretched our journey out over the course of a couple of days, which may have been overly cautious of me but I was new at the 'mom' thing. I only wanted to do what was best for Ryuu.

I'll admit that the closer we got to the Throat the more nervous I got because my dad wasn't the Sultan anymore. I didn't know who was. All I knew was that Cera was there and that I needed him. So as we crossed over the border I stopped after only a couple of paces and looked around and it was how I remembered it to be when I'd been a foal and came looking for Dad. "Stay close." I murmured to Ryuu and at the same time I draped a wing over him to nudge him closer to my side and shield him from everyone's view. "Cera!" I called out my brother's name then waited, hoping that he wouldn't be far.

@[Cera] @[Ryuu]

"."

Image Credits

aud pixel!

Messages In This Thread
storm warning [joining] - by Ranjiri - 05-14-2014, 10:04 PM
RE: storm warning [joining] - by Ryuu - 05-14-2014, 10:59 PM
RE: storm warning [joining] - by Cera - 05-14-2014, 11:54 PM
RE: storm warning [joining] - by Ranjiri - 05-15-2014, 09:18 PM
RE: storm warning [joining] - by Cera - 05-15-2014, 10:07 PM
RE: storm warning [joining] - by Ranjiri - 05-15-2014, 10:47 PM
RE: storm warning [joining] - by Cera - 05-19-2014, 09:34 PM