the Rift

[OPEN] storm warning [joining]

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali

I can't say that I was surprised by Cera's reaction when I finally allowed him to set his eyes upon Ryuu. The silence was rather long and somewhat awkward as I watched the emotions flicker in his eyes. My brother had always been like an open book to me and I to him. Even though we hadn't spent much time together when we were young and had grown up in separate herds it didn't change our bond. We were siblings regardless of the distance between us and the blood that flowed in our veins. I knew that he would accept Ryuu even though it was shocking for him to see such a small foal by my side. And I knew he would assume the worst, that I had gotten myself pregnant and the father had disappeared. I know my brother too well and as he stumbled over his words and blinked like a lovable goof, I smiled.

"I don't know." I answered honestly when Cera asked about Ryuu's father. I didn't even know who his mother was, but I intended to eventually find out, and when I found out who she was I'd make sure she never saw Ryuu again. She probably didn't even care, though, if she'd let him wander off unsupervised. I kept thinking that he was lucky that I had found him and not someone who would have hurt him or even killed him without giving him a chance at living a happy life.

I could already hear my brother's voice in my head 'What do you mean you don't know who his father is?! How can you not know?' "I found him on the beach." My gaze had fallen back to Ryuu and I shifted my wing to block his small body from the sun. "You can lay down." Whispered to him, knowing that his hooves had to be aching after our long journey and the time we'd spent standing. "We're safe here."

I lifted my gaze back to Cera and sighed. "He is not my son by blood." I said. "But heart and soul he is mine and I will do my best to give him the life that he deserves. I want him to be happy and I want him to be safe but i can't do it on my own." He had to know what I was getting at. That I wanted him to help me. I needed him to help me. "That's why I'm here. Will you help me?"

I was pleased to hear that he thought my acceptance would be a swift one because of his position in the herd, but I was more pleased to hear that he had earned a place of honor. "What position have you earned?" I asked, genuinely interested in finding out what my brother had done for himself while I'd been off feeling sorry for myself and crying over the monster that I had been.

@[Cera]
"."

Image Credits

aud pixel!

Messages In This Thread
storm warning [joining] - by Ranjiri - 05-14-2014, 10:04 PM
RE: storm warning [joining] - by Ryuu - 05-14-2014, 10:59 PM
RE: storm warning [joining] - by Cera - 05-14-2014, 11:54 PM
RE: storm warning [joining] - by Ranjiri - 05-15-2014, 09:18 PM
RE: storm warning [joining] - by Cera - 05-15-2014, 10:07 PM
RE: storm warning [joining] - by Ranjiri - 05-15-2014, 10:47 PM
RE: storm warning [joining] - by Cera - 05-19-2014, 09:34 PM