the Rift

[OPEN] no white fences;

Agrona Posts: 115
Hidden Falls Tiro atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: Seven HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable
Agrona | Carnage

"Very well, but it's our secret for now-" the bay's tone is soft, but her choice of words uncover a small threat, causing a wicked smile to crawl across dark lips. I nod in agreement, and she turns on her heels, heading off toward the mountains in the distance; they seem painted against the clear Birdsong sky, effortlessly crafted into the distance by the hands of unworldly creators. "I'm Illynx, by the way." My attention drops from the scene to find the golden stare of my newly found... acquaintance. Had we not exchanged names in between our babbling and giggles? Hm, guess not. "Agrona." I respond, dropping my antlered skull to shake out my mane as we walk through the deep grasses. "-we don't take kind to the uninvited." I am reminded of my crazy family once again, and I can't help but giggle out loud, not even thinking about what bay - er, Illynx - would think. Has she met my family? Surely not, otherwise I would have heard something about her.

She explains that we have quite a ways to go, causing me to inwardly grunt. My impatience and curiosity are clashing once more and I can't help but want to run to this place that I have so eagerly glorified. We plod along, small spurts of conversation keeping me awake and determined to not just stop and preen myself. Long white strings of hair drag across the tall grasses, occasionally twisting them together and causing knots that I can feel brush against my dark legs.

Time continues to pass just as slowly as it had when we started, soon the sky begins to turn just a shade darker, and the trees begin to thin out. We move along slowly, my legs had already grown tired long ago thanks to the long period of time tucked away into the heart of the Falls. Permafrost leaks down the hillsides, spreading across the dead brown ground that crunches under each step; the snow builds as we move even further, where we eventually find ourselves twisting between rock and - apparently - deadly obstacles. Illynx's voice would echo off of the close walls, warning me of up coming falls and such. No wonder I had missed this place, it's completely tucked away from where I was.

"Oh god damn it." I growl under my breath, my footing having slipped from under me numerous times as we crawled up the jagged hillside. The golden dusted mare finally pauses after what feels like forever, my long legs on the edge of quivering when I slide to a halt next to her. "That's it, just ahead." The setting sun casts a halo around a massive copper colored body, the ring of the surrounding mountains barely visible under the glare of the sun across white snow. Goldie continues to explain some higher-ups, a mental note being jotted down to remember the names at least, possibly their entire calling - something that I still do not totally understand.

Violet eyes reach out to Illynx's, ready to compliment the glistening white valley - as far as I could see -, when she burst a bubble.. a pretty fucking big bubble, actually. "-and myself, Lady Guilded Blade." My frozen ears perked forward, and if I had eyebrows, they would have raised a good inch. Right off of the bat I try to stir up some inappropriate comments, but what my conscience tells me to do is be civil. "So when you're a big shot they give you a nick name?" I cackled a little to myself, the metal aching in my right ear.

I scan over her body again, noting that all of the armor and dangling medallions have likely been either fought for, or awarded for being some kind of glorious leader. Grinning from ear to ear, I shake my head, dark lids sliding over lilac pools. "Oh Goldie, I should have figured." Because you're fucking perfect, no, probably shouldn't add that in there. I open my eyes to find myself looking at the bronze statue again, intimidation crawling under my skin like maggots under rotten flesh. "I forgot to tell you-" I arch my neck proudly, batting thick white eyelashes, "I am the queen of The Asylum."

Fuck, hopefully she would know I'm joking. I laugh wildly, dropping my laced snout to almost touch the Lady's shoulder; the cold air makes my hide quiver, and I suck in a deep - much needed - breath after my longer than necessary laughter.

Walking "Talking"
Tagged: @[Illynx]

Credits: code by Tamme | Image by Sarah | Stock Credits in the Link

Let me tell you something baby
You love me for everything you hate me for
[Image: 542f83afbdf08]
  • Please tag me in every post!

Messages In This Thread
no white fences; - by Illynx - 05-15-2014, 01:55 PM
RE: no white fences; - by Agrona - 05-15-2014, 07:37 PM
RE: no white fences; - by Illynx - 05-21-2014, 10:56 AM
RE: no white fences; - by Agrona - 05-29-2014, 12:13 PM