the Rift

[OPEN] Burning || Birth, open

Azarel Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

silverflames,
lighting up the night

My sister spoke her first word. "Purple." She called our older sibling purple.

"Destry hates me. She was my firstborn, everything was supposed to be wonderful, but I did so wrong. I did everything wrong. I miss Azzaron..." As the big-hearted colt I was, I leaned closer to my mother and tried to hush her. It wasn't her fault that Destry was a bit... Complicated. Right? It wasn't her fault. It was Destry's own fault, she should've followed mother instead of wandering off on her own. "Mom..." I was interrupted by my newborn sister who spoke. "Azaahrel. Thing. Am. Thing." I smiled, letting out a quiet laugh. "You are Cahira. You are my sister and you are the daughter of Delinne - our mother," I whispered and bumped my maw against her head. Aslan climbed his way onto my mother's back and curled into a ball before falling asleep. Typically him. Always sleeping. Then, they all arrived.

First in line was a filly, dark grey in color with a weird marking on her left front leg. I tilted my head and made the attempt to stand up, guarding my mother and sister from the small foal. "Hi, I saw cat and came." Who the hell was she? I lifted my upper lip and exposed my teeth at her, but stopped as soon as I saw another come forth. She was a red roan, equine and quite much smaller than myself. She placed herself near the grey filly and I soon made the connection daughter - mother.

"Congratulations, she's beautiful. What have you decided to call her?" Proudly I rose my head and looked down at the two. "Cahira. She's my sister. Who are you?" But then another one. Where did everyone fucking come from? The colt, who was brown with a white blanket over his rump, came closer to mother and I exposed my teeth again, warning him. If any of these hurt mother or sister... I would hurt them. Twice as much. "Mother." EXCUSE ME? "She's not your mother, foal." I mumble and presses my ears towards my poll, ruffling the golden feathers. "Our mother. Cahira's and my mother. Not yours." Who was he to even dare saying such a thing? It was enough that my older sibling had called our mother an unloyal bitch.

"She's.... pretty." I looked from the colt to Cahira and a smile started to lurk in the corner of my mouth. She was pretty. Very. But that was none of his business. "He-loo-ow. Helloooow. Sib-lin-g? Sibling!" My eyes opened wide and I looked again from Cahira to the colt and back. "No, sister. We are not related to this one. We are siblings. You, me and Destry." I tried to explain with something that could be recognized as panic in my voice, when a rumbling noise was heard. It was a voice. "You could make a little more noise." I look up from the three visitors and my gaze wanders up even more as the horse came closer. It was a dark stallion, with black horns hovering above his face. He was way taller than me, about as big as that equine by the Edge had been. I glance back quickly, only to realize Cahira had disappeared from mother's side, leaving Aslan to be alone with mother. With another turn of my head, I look at the roan mare and sees my sister underneath her belly, terrified of the giant.

"Your newborn looks high." I snort and turned my head forth again, taking a few steps closer to the giant unicorn. "Do not speak about my sister like that." Behind the stallion, I see something else. A black shadow. 'Dezba.' I looked over at my white-marked sister again and whispered to her. "Come here, Cahira. Stand behind me. Please, sister," I begged, glancing at the giant. My gaze fell on mother too, who was looking exhausted. "Mother..." And she spoke for the first time since before the visitors had arrived. "Oxy. Kiara. Children. Please, step back a little. I still need to rest."

"Talking"
'Thinking'
'Aslan thinking'

wordcount // 677
tags // @[Kiara] && @[Zünden] && @[Cahira]
ooc // -

Messages In This Thread
Burning || Birth, open - by Delinne - 05-15-2014, 10:26 PM
RE: Burning || Birth, open - by Cahira - 05-16-2014, 05:58 AM
RE: Burning || Birth, open - by Destry - 05-16-2014, 05:38 PM
RE: Burning || Birth, open - by Azarel - 05-17-2014, 03:18 AM
RE: Burning || Birth, open - by Delinne - 05-17-2014, 04:57 AM