the Rift

[OPEN] Burning || Birth, open

Azarel Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

silverflames,
lighting up the night

I never should've left home.

As I heard screams - my mother's screams, I knew them better than anything by now - I ran home as quick as I could. Mother, I could only hope you were not in danger. It didn't take very long for me to get home because I had wandered about just outside the borders, near the passage to the Frostbreath Steppe. Gods damn me, why did I have to run away from home in the first place? Aslan meowed on my back, holding on as hard as he could, causing long stripes of blood run along my scarred withers. But I didn't care. Mother was my focus now and nothing else.

I prepared to see blood and exposed teeth when I entered home, but instead, I came just in time to see Destry scream and run away from something that I could barely believe. "You unloyal bitch! How could you do this?! What about Father?! Does he just not matter anymore?! Have you gone so far out of your mind you've forgotten you ever loved him?!" Mother... I stared after Destry, switching between her disappearing shadow and the black newborn on the ground next to Mother. My head turned to the way my sister had gone and I called out at the top of my lungs. "DESTRY! Come back!" She was gone. She was gone and I knew that I had to find her later to talk sense into her. But first...

My mismatched gaze fell on Mother and the foal, slightly hurt inside. Why hadn't she told me? Why had she kept this a secret from my sister and I? "Mother... Why? When?" Out of pure curiosity, I stepped closer to them and I lowered my head to the newborn who had fallen together in a tangle mess of legs. It was a unicorn and as I gazed at it's hind, I saw that it was a filly. The cub upon my back meowed loudly, curious about the newborn foal. "M-mom... Why? Don't you love father anymore?" Tears started to dwell up in my eyes and I turned my golden head to the lightning mare. Did she even know how much pain she just caused me and Des?

With closed eyes I rose my head again and sighed. That's was when Mother spoke for the first time since I arrived. "I was forced, my son... He was too strong, but he's dead now... I chose not to tell you two because I was too afraid how you would react." She looked up at me, tears running down her cheeks, and I sighed heavily. Then I fell to my knees next to her, Aslan held on as good as he could and when I was down, he jumped off my back to investigate the filly. "Who was he?" "I never got his name." As I looked at my mother, her head was down and her black forelock was covering her eyes. What was she thinking right now? Was she going to search for Destry even though my sister had clearly said to never speak with her again?

"Hey... I'm going to talk to sis. If she hears that you were forced, perhaps she can forgive you." I nudged her cheek and then looked over at the filly. She was completely black except for red and white lightning-looking markings on her back. They looked just like Mother's markings but... Where did the red come from? Perhaps the father? "What is her name?" "Cahira." Cahira. That was a beautiful name. Slowly, I stretched my muzzle towards the filly and let a slight smile crook my lips. "Hello little sis... I'm Azarel."

"Talking"
'Thinking'
'Aslan thinking'

wordcount // 612
tags // -
ooc // ;n;

Messages In This Thread
Burning || Birth, open - by Delinne - 05-15-2014, 10:26 PM
RE: Burning || Birth, open - by Cahira - 05-16-2014, 05:58 AM
RE: Burning || Birth, open - by Destry - 05-16-2014, 05:38 PM
RE: Burning || Birth, open - by Azarel - 05-17-2014, 03:18 AM
RE: Burning || Birth, open - by Delinne - 05-17-2014, 04:57 AM