the Rift

[OPEN] Holy behavior won't make you a savior

Faeanne Posts: 61
Outcast
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3hh :: 2 Years :: Birdsong
TierRen
FAEANNE

Even though I had been watching the colt stand on top of the water for a few minutes now, I still couldn't get over the awe that was washing through my veins in waves. How awesome would it be to be able to walk over water? To never have the feeling of wet ankles and just in general always have a neat party trick to show off to the adults or other foals in order to draw attention. But he seemed just as shocked as I did about the fact that he was standing on the water. His face and blue eyes were screaming out with shock as he bobbed along with the tide.
A look of uneasiness crossed his handsome features as I mentioned that maybe he was sick, but that quickly faded as the word magic slipped out of my mouth and into the hot, salty air. Things seemed to go still for a moment as the colt looked down, down into the brine on which he was hovering over. The wicked water that seemed to reject the possiblity of having him as one of it's victims, helpless to the pull of the undertow. Dark harks flicked about my skull as I waited for the words to settle entirely into the colt's mind, surely it wouldn't take too long. Right? I could see his dark lips moving, but no words reached my now forward pressed harks, lost to me in the midst of the oceanic breeze and the sound of the crashing waves.
It was surprising when everything seemed to erupt. Suddenly the still colt was throwing his body into the air, kicking wildly before crashing back to the water. My gold and white eyes pulled shut tightly as I waited for the crashing sound of the colt's body hitting the water and crashing into the waves...but it never came. A single orb popped open as I peeked out warily, hoping that the boy would still be visible and my new found friend hadn't been lost in the water just as quickly as I had found him. Much to my relief I opened my eyes to find the dark colt standing right beside me, a look of excitement and curiosity lighting up his blue eyes as his kissers parted to allow words to flow freely. “Are you magic?” His voice was full of wonder as I grinned and danced a few paces away from him. "Stay there a sec!" I giggled as I turned back to face the colt and threw my gold, star speckled wings out as far as they could possibly reach.
Which at this point in my life, wasn't very far.
My ivories sank into my gold painted lips as I concentrated on the skill I learned I had when I was still very young and nursing the crazy lady who had left me behind for bigger and better things. My wings slapped against my sides as they beat the air when suddenly the air that was nestled in close to my sides grew with warmth as the small flames licked and played with the ends of my feathers. A big smile spread across my features as I focused back on the dark boy, "Is this magic?!?" I asked excitedly as the flames played happily with the feathery tips of my wings before dying down into the nothingness they had sprung from. Trotting closer to the colt once more, the grin still plastered to my face as I hoped excitedly that my talent would be cool enough to be considered magic.

"Talk."
Tag;; @[Erebos]
Words;; 598
Notes;; Sorry it took me so long <3 THEY ARE SO CUTE OMG

Credits

please tag Fae in all posts
link to thread tracker

Messages In This Thread
Holy behavior won't make you a savior - by Erebos - 05-18-2014, 09:42 AM
RE: Holy behavior won't make you a savior - by Faeanne - 07-10-2014, 10:58 PM