the Rift

[OPEN] Holy behavior won't make you a savior

Faeanne Posts: 61
Outcast
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3hh :: 2 Years :: Birdsong
TierRen
FAEANNE

Pale pupiled pools grew wide with wonder as I thought about the Arctic haven that my new found friend resided in. I wondered what it was like to live in constant snow and ice rather than getting to play in the sun's gentle rays and skip through the tall grasses and mist that blanketed the Edge like wool on a cold Frostfall night. Surely his home was a beautiful sight to be seen, but I wondered what the creatures that resided in the snowy grasps were like. Was everyone as magical and kind as the dark colt who had quickly accepted my friendship? A light smile tugged at the corners of my sooty kissers as I glanced away from the colt's blue eyes and out to the ocean where just moments ago he had been standing as if he were standing on solid ground.

“The World’s Edge sounds so cool! Do they allow visitors? I’d like to see it sometime.” Erebos' voice drew me back to the white sand shore that we stood on. Dark harks flittered forwards easily as my gold dusted features tilted ever so slightly off to the side as if I were thinking over the colt's musing. Both of our rulers were kind hearted individuals and surely they wouldn't grow upset over the visiting of one foal to another? We all had to have playmates did we not? Of course that would raise the question as to why I didn't spend time leaping into the mist with the foals of the Edge, and that answer was simple. I didn't quite feel as if I belonged there, the other foals either had siblings, or their parents to run back too. Of course I had Eva and Ruske, but they weren't actually my parents and the other foals knew that. So I almost felt as if none of them were quite comfortable with playing with the Edge orphan. "I don't believe that they would mind much at all! I would love for you to visit sometime!" My soft, child-like lyrics were full of wonder and excitement as thoughts of dread over being an orphan were quickly switched over to those of excitement at the thought of having a friend who could visit and play in the mist and the trees with me!

I watched amused as the dark colt's brow furrowed with my questioning about why the lake in his homeland didn't freeze along with the rest of it. For a moment I was surprised that he had never asked the question himself, or that he didn't find it odd that the liquid didn't turn solid with the cold temperatures as the rain did. Suddenly a chuckle, deep enough to come from a stallion with much more years than the bearded colt held, broke through the crashing of the waves and the squawking of the gulls before his response to my questioning followed. “Maybe it’s magic!” One blue pool was quickly closed and reopened with a wink from the colt as chime like giggles fell easily from my slightly parted kissers. "Possibly! We should find out!" Excitement flooded through my veins once more at the thought of going on an adventure with the dark colt, if I were older the excitement would not have occurred since the idea of me entering a land of unicorns was far fetched. But at this point, innocence was bliss and it was a hope that I would hold onto.

White pupiled pools of gold turned away to the ocean once more when it dawned on me how long I had been away from Papa Ruske and Momma Eva, surely they were sick with worry over the fact that I wasn't within the safety of the shattered wall. The muscles in my neck contracted and relaxed as I swallowed hard before turning back to the dark colt with a devilish grin plastered across my sporty features. "We shall have to meet again soon to discuss the discovery of the magic that keeps the springs warm, but for now. I have to head back to the Edge before my parents realize I am missing!" My gold dusted tail smacked against my slender hips as I took a few steps away from the colt and back in the direction of home before looking over my feathered shoulder and offering a soft smile to my new friend. "It was great meeting you!" The smile on my features spread a bit more before I turned back around and headed towards home, hoping that my adoptive parents hadn't noticed I was gone for long!

"Talk."
Tag;; @[Erebos]
Words;; 770
Notes;; They will have to meet again soon <3

Credits

please tag Fae in all posts
link to thread tracker

Messages In This Thread
Holy behavior won't make you a savior - by Erebos - 05-18-2014, 09:42 AM
RE: Holy behavior won't make you a savior - by Faeanne - 09-10-2014, 08:07 PM