the Rift

[PRIVATE] invisible

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali
ranjiri
                                                   calmness is the cradle of power

You begin to stir as the brightness of the sun rouses you from your slumber and I smile as I watch you. You're so small and so innocent and even though I've only had you for a handful of days I want to keep you exactly like you are. I hold my breath as you stand and wonder if your hooves will pain you like they always seem to and I can see it on your face. I wish there was something I could do to take that pain away from you because you don't deserve to suffer, but there is nothing that I can do. It is a bitter pill for me to swallow, but I must.

"Good morning." I murmur as you slide up next to me and press your cheek to my flank. I lift my wing and allow you to slip closer to me before I settle my wing back into place. Nothing can compare to the sense of peace that I feel when your small body is pressed against mine. I have never felt so complete but before now I never had a purpose. I have one now and that purpose is to keep you safe and give more love than you could ever want.

As I turn my head to look toward you you smile at me and its a smile that warms me to my very soul. I could never tire of that brilliant smile and I hope that you continue to smile like that. "Did you sleep well?" I did. It was the first time since I had left my own mother that I had slept peacefully through the night. I only hoped that you had slept as soundly because we had a long day ahead of us.

I turned so we would face the same direction and as I moved I felt the tap, tap of my amulet against my chest. Lakota had given it to me on the day I was born as a means of protection. I had never had to use it and was glad for that as I dipped my head down and shook my neck until the amulet fell to the ground with a small thump. I stared at it for only a moment before I picked it up and slipped it over your head so it would hang around your neck like it had hung around mine for over a year. "This is for you." I nuzzled your cheek as I spoke. "Its an amulet and it'll protect you."

"."
@[Ryuu]
Credits

aud pixel!

Messages In This Thread
invisible - by Ranjiri - 05-20-2014, 10:20 PM
RE: invisible - by Ryuu - 05-26-2014, 10:31 PM
RE: invisible - by Ranjiri - 05-29-2014, 11:16 PM
RE: invisible - by Ryuu - 07-04-2014, 12:31 AM
RE: invisible - by Ranjiri - 07-29-2014, 10:29 PM