the Rift

[PRIVATE] invisible

Ryuu Posts: 28
Outcast
Colt :: Unicorn :: 15.1hh :: 1 Year
Mali :: Rough Collie :: None Brit

In the warmth of the morning, I blink my eyes rapidly, still sensitive from sleep and lack of exposure. I yawn, teeth clacking softly, and your face is the first I see. I secretly hope it will stay that way. Even though you say you'll stay, that you'll be with me every morning when the sun rises, I can't help but doubt. After all, everyone I have ever known and loved has left me. Mother, Annie, even Daddy...not that I'd gotten to know him for very long. Everyone always ended up disappearing, and I couldn't help but count down the days until you left too. But, for the moment, I slipped beneath the shade of your wing and sleepily slid my cheek to your sun-warmed dark skin. Our canvases became one beneath the rays that attempted to lull me back to sleep. Your voice like honey did not help me in trying to remain awake, sweet and soft like the downy feathers that brushed silkily against my skin. You murmur a greeting to me, but I am used to speechlessness, to silent stares and bashful gazes. So instead, out of habit, I smile up at you. Good morning Momma.

The water is cool on my ankles, your side warm against my own as you smile back down at me, asking if I slept well. I nod quietly, tresses bunching up where my crest rubs against you. This is the most peaceful morning I've ever experienced, and I cherish it already. I try my hardest to commit it to memory, for you are sure to leave me soon...and when you go, I want the mirage of you to be clear and perfected, for the nights when I will need you by my empty, lonely side on cold nights. I stare at you, fearing every blink, afraid to dispel the illusion that is your presence. Surely I have done no good in this world worthy of having you at my side, guiding me, much less loving me. I want to hate the Gods, curse their names and swear vengeance, for they have granted me the most precious of gifts and it will tear me apart when it is taken away from me.

Somehow, I know I will have to live through the agony of losing you.

The water calms the ache in my hooves, even as you draw my attention away from the relief and the darkness of my own thoughts. Leaving it is likely for the best, even if I miss the embrace already. I watch you as you shake your crown, watch a piece of jewelry fall upon the sand with a soft sound. I stare at it, uncomprehending. But then you're explaining, lifting it in your lips and letting it cascade in ripples of metal chain around my trio of horns and upon my breast. I stare down at it, horrendously big on my skinny neck. I had weaned too early, and my body had suffered for it. But this...it is a gift. I'd never received a gift before. Your lips are soft and loving on my cheek, and I blink, trying to figure out how to respond. My eyes are a little wet as I smile tremulously. "Thank you Momma."

Ed Ivanushkin @ flickr

Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Messages In This Thread
invisible - by Ranjiri - 05-20-2014, 10:20 PM
RE: invisible - by Ryuu - 05-26-2014, 10:31 PM
RE: invisible - by Ranjiri - 05-29-2014, 11:16 PM
RE: invisible - by Ryuu - 07-04-2014, 12:31 AM
RE: invisible - by Ranjiri - 07-29-2014, 10:29 PM